PDPW Pie Eating Contest: Get a Slice of the Action
Get a slice of the action by voting in the Professional Dairy Producers Foundation’s Pie Eating Contest
Dairy News— The field is set, the polls ready to open. For the second year, the Professional Dairy Producers Foundation is announcing a strong field of pie eating candidates, including: Carl Babler, Atten Babler Commodities; Mark Clarke, Alliant Energy Center; Jim Dickrell, Dairy Today; Keith Engel, GEA Farm Technologies; Marty Hallock, Mar-Bec Dairy; Mike Hutjens, University of Illinois; Dean Strauss, Majestic Crossing Dairy. The top three vote getters will eat pie---WITHOUT THEIR HANDS!---on stage at the PDPW Business Conference on March 12.
Here's how you can make that happen for your favorite candidate (or candidates!):
· Visit http://www.dairyfoundation.org/ and click on VOTE. Enter your name, the name of the person you want to see in the Finals, and the number of votes you want to cast. Each vote is a $1 donation to the Foundation, and you can cast as many votes as you want.
· Check the web site frequently between February 17 and March 12. Vote often to keep your candidate in the Top 3!
· Ask your friends, co-workers, neighbors, mail delivery guy, milk hauler and, really, any person walking by you on the street to vote.
· Cast final votes in person on March 12 at the PDPW Business Conference.
· Witness the glory of pie eating victory and the agony of defeat when your favorite candidate eats pie on stage!
You can make a difference by voting early and often. Tell your friends and co-workers to vote. Have some fun and support future generations of dairy producers!
The Professional Dairy Producers Foundation is a producer-led 501(c)(3) charitable organization that raises funds for educational programs throughout the United States. The Foundation supports programs that develop the skills of our dairy producers and youth and maintain public trust. For more information on programs funded and ways to donate, visit www.dairyfoundation.org.