Acquisition Adds Aseptic and Expands Extended Shelf Life to DFA’s Processing Capabilities Dairy Farmers of America (DFA) and Agropur announced today that they have entered into an agreement for DFA to acquire Agropur’s St. Paul, Minn., facility. The acquisition by DFA, which is subject to satisfaction of customary closing conditions, will expand the farmer-owned cooperative’s extended shelf-life capabilities and introduce aseptic processing into its business portfolio. “This acquisition offers an opportunity to grow our customer [Read More ...]
- How to Prepare for Animal Rights Activists Coming to… Here in California this month, we are expecting an increase…
- Dairy Farmers Of America Enters Into Agreement With… Acquisition Adds Aseptic and Expands Extended Shelf Life to DFA’s…
- Massive growth prospects for China’s dairy… China will see significant growth potential in the consumption of…
This Week in Dairy
Joel Hastings of DairyBusiness News updates on the week's news.
Daniel Mitchell, Cumberland, Ohio was named Champion at the 2019 World Livestock Auctioneer Championship (WLAC) Eastern Regional Qualifying Event. Northeast Georgia Livestock (Athens, Ga.) hosted the final of three WLAC qualifying events on December 12. A total of 24 contestants from 14 different states/provinces competed for a top 10 placing, [Read More ...]
In farm country outside Buffalo, New York, you will find Frank Valent working with his 80 or so Holstein and Jersey cows to put milk on America’s table. Travel about 200 miles southeast to Ohio, Frank Burkett III operates a larger dairy operation with around 700 Holsteins. These dairymen may [Read More ...]
Two well-known and successful agricultural cooperatives in the upper Midwest have signed an intent to merge. The board of directors for East Central/Select Sires, based in Waupun, Wis., and NorthStar Cooperative, Lansing, Mich., reached a unanimous decision to work toward unifying the two business entities under the name CentralStar Cooperative [Read More ...]
China will see significant growth potential in the consumption of organic milk, yogurt and cheese products, fueled by increasing demand for premium products from quality-conscious consumers, according to a new report. In the next five years, sales of cheese will see a compound annual growth rate of over 20 percent. [Read More ...]
- Wisconsin lost record-breaking percent of dairy farms in 201... - Superior Telegram December 18, 2018Wisconsin lost record-breaking percent of dairy farms in 201... Superior TelegramBy Hope Kirwan. Wisconsin Public Radio. Wisconsin lost 638 dairy farms in 2018, according to the latest data from the state Department of Agriculture, Trade ...
- Sheep and goat dairy industry among beneficiaries of Government's almost $2 million investment in Southland - TVNZ December 18, 2018Sheep and goat dairy industry among beneficiaries of Government's almost $2 million investment in Southland TVNZThe Southland region will receive almost $2 million in funding from the Provincial Growth Fund (PGF) with the sheep and goat dairy industry, a salmon hatchery, ...
- Nebraska Dairy Company Cited After Fatal Accident - Manufacturing.net December 18, 2018Nebraska Dairy Company Cited After Fatal Accident Manufacturing.netCLEARWATER, NE—The U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has cited Thiele Dairy for failing to develop and ...
Augmented Reality Nedap is the first to bring Augmented Reality into the dairy farm. Herd information gathered by Nedap CowControl – a worldwide leading cow monitoring system – is now brought to life in the barn. This new technology brings the farmer’s real world and digital information [Read More ...]