You are invited to join hundreds of legal counsel, business executives, and human resources professionals from across the region for a day of networking and education on hot topics in labor and employment law.
Thursday, May 10, 2018
7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
400 W. Wisconsin Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53203
RSVP by Thursday, May 3
The seminar will kick off with keynote speaker, Deb Smolensky, Employee Engagement Leader and Wellness Director at NFP, who will discuss key trends in well-being and strategies for attracting and retaining top talent. Deb will be followed by the Annual Labor & Employment Law Update. Presented by Michael Best Partner Scott Beightol, this presentation will cover the past year’s key legal developments and cases.
Tracks and topics are noted below or click here for the agenda.
Keynote Speaker: Deb Smolensky
Addressing the Human Side of Business:
Key Well-Being Trends and Strategies for Attracting & Retaining Top Talent
Workplace well-being is a 43 billion dollar industry and continues to grow at an unprecedented pace. Yet, as research shows, these solutions aren't working. Employee engagement continues to be at an all-time low. Deb Smolensky, a global employee engagement leader, will highlight key trends in workplace well-being, uncover roadblocks and challenges with these programs, and discuss ways to strategically and effectively incorporate these solutions into any employee engagement strategy.
2018 Seminar Topics
Workforce Development Track - Appropriate for HR Leadership
• Your Best Future in Workforce Development
• Employment Law & Safety: Managing Employee Injury & Illness Cases
• Expanding Your Workforce: Attracting, Hiring, and Retaining Foreign National Talent
• Drafting Agreements to Protect Your Client Relationships & Business Information Without Scaring Off Talent
• C-"Sweet" Roundtable: Best Practices for Limiting Liability*
*This session is restricted to C-Suite leaders and General Counsel.
• Scheduling Letters are in the Mail - Tips & Tactics for Preparing for a Successful OFCCP Audit
• Employee Benefits Cost Containment Strategies
• Ethical Considerations for In-House Counsel
*1.0 hour of ethics CLE credit is currently pending for this program.
Workplace Policies & Practices Track - Appropriate for All HR Professionals
• Effectively Investigating & Responding to Internal Complaints of Harassment & Discrimination
• NLRB Update: What's New is Old
• Welcome to the FLSA Jungle
• Addressing Sexual Harassment in the Wake of the #MeToo and TIME'S UP Movements
• Now You See Me, Now You Don't: Managing Intermittent FMLA Leave
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
The program is valid for Professional Development Credits for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.
CLE credit in WI, CO, IL, NC, TX, UT, and VA is pending. We are happy to provide the program materials to participants applying for credit in other states.
For more information, please contact Events or 414.277.3459.