54th All-American Dairy Show to Feature World-Class Competitions, Sales, Educational and Networking Opportunities
Harrisburg, PA – The continent’s largest dairy show, the 54th All-American Dairy Show, will feature a week of world-class shows, educational opportunities, youth events, and sales from September 16-21 at the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex and Expo Center in Harrisburg.
“Show organizers have dedicated countless hours to planning another outstanding event for all exhibitors, producers and dairy enthusiasts,” said Agriculture Secretary Russell Redding. “The All-American is within a day’s drive of the Mississippi River, easily accessible from major highways in all directions, and in the heart of some of the nation’s most productive non-irrigated agricultural land. I encourage anyone with an interest in dairy cattle to travel to Pennsylvania, where dairy is the biggest sector of our industry and sixth-largest nationally, and soak in the All-American experience.”
“We look forward to hosting our dairy friends from across the nation at the All-American Dairy Show, and we thank our generous sponsors for helping make it possible,” said Pennsylvania Dairy and Allied Industries President Alan McCauley. “This show’s history speaks for itself, and we know that multiple generations of exhibitors can attest to quality of the shows and events it offers.”
Returning free All-American events include:
- Exhibitor Appreciation Dinner – sponsored by American Dairy Association North East on Sunday, at 6:30 PM. All exhibitors and other dairy producers are welcome to celebrate the show and recognize the Obie and Image award winners and the Arthur Nesbit Scholarship recipients.
- Milkshake Madness – a celebrity milkshake-making contest sponsored by Turkey Hill featuring teams of local media personalities, legislators and youth exhibitors, on Tuesday at 11 AM.
- Snack with the Vendors – producers are invited to visit with the vendors in the Dairy Activity Center from 3:30-5:30 PM. on Tuesday.
- Eastern Elite Sale – the sale offers top quality genetics from young calves to mature cows in the Holstein, Jersey and Red & White breeds. Sale information is available at www.paholsteins.com or by calling 717-329-9202.
- Celebrate with Performance Probiotics – a wine and cheese reception sponsored by Performance Probiotics, LLC, on Wednesday at 4:30 PM.
- All-Dairy Antiques and Collectibles Show and Sale – the nation’s only all-dairy antiques show and a market for buying and selling dairy items.
Late entries are still open for both youth and open shows with additional fees assessed. While the online entry system is closed, exhibitors can mail, email, fax or hand-deliver entries to the show office.
Contact the show office at email@example.com or call 717-787-2905 for more information and to be a part of the 54th All-American Dairy Show.
Visit the newly-revamped www.allamerican.pa.gov to find more details about the All-American Dairy Show. The event features 22 shows in six days, in addition to the nation’s only all-dairy antiques show. Last year’s show featured nearly 3,000 animals and 1,500 exhibitors from around the country.