The Animal Agriculture Alliance recently released its annual report for fiscal year 2017 (May 2016 – April 2017), which includes highlights in the organization’s work to connect food industry stakeholders, engage key influencers and protect the future of animal agriculture. As the Alliance is celebrating its 30th anniversary, the report also includes a timeline of significant achievements from the past three decades.
A few milestones mentioned in the report include:
• June 2016 – Alliance representatives attended animal rights conferences and provided detailed reports of the speakers to Alliance members.
• September 2016 – Kicked off our eighth annual College Aggies Online program. Participants would go on to reach 2.3 million people on social media and 15,000 people at in-person events.
• November 2016 – Launched #WhyIThankAg campaign, which helped increase engagement on the Alliance’s social media channels.
• January 2017 – Launched a lunch and learn series for DC-area restaurant, retailer and foodservice associations.
• April 2017 – Debuted redesigned and reorganized legislative map to better explain current and past legislation that may impact farmers and ranchers.
• May 2017 – Stakeholders Summit, themed Connect to Protect Animal Ag: #ActionPlease2017, was the largest yet with 276 attendees.
The Animal Agriculture Alliance is an industry-united, nonprofit organization that helps bridge the communication gap between farm and fork. We connect key food industry stakeholders to arm them with responses to emerging issues. We engage food chain influencers and promote consumer choice by helping them better understand modern animal agriculture. We protect by exposing those who threaten our nation’s food security with damaging misinformation. Find the Alliance on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat.