College Aggies Online offers agriculture students $21,000 in scholarships
College students are gearing up for the Animal Agriculture Alliance’s annual College Aggies Online (CAO) Scholarship Competition which kicks off September 16. This year’s students and collegiate clubs are competing for more than $21,000 in scholarships and a chance to win a trip to the Alliance’s 2020 Stakeholders Summit. For more information or to sign up, visit https://collegeaggies.animalagalliance.org.
“College Aggies Online is an opportunity for college students who are passionate about agriculture to learn how to communicate about the industry from some of the best agriculture advocates out there,” said Casey Kinler, Alliance communications manager. “This year we doubled the number of mentors available to the students and made sure to include farmers and ranchers who are active on social media.”
Mentors for the 2019 competition include:
- Chloe Carson, Manager of Digital Communications, National Pork Producers Council
- Lukas Fricke, Hog Farmer, ChorChek Inc.
- Don Schindler, Senior Vice President of Digital Innovations, Dairy Management Inc.
- Rebecca Hilby, Dairy Farmer, Hilby Family Farm
- Cara Harbstreet, MS, RD, LD, Street Smart Nutrition
- Marissa Hake, DVM, Veterinarian, Midwest Veal, LLC/Strauss Feeds
- Beth Breeding, Vice President of Communications and Marketing, National Turkey Federation
- Jennifer Osterholt, Strategic Marketing Consultant and Farmer, Osterholt Marketing & Communications, LLC
- Virginia Beckett, Director of Issues Response and Monitoring, National Cattlemen’s Beef Association
- Elizabeth Barber, Vice President of Corporate Development, The F.L. Emmert Company
- Lauren Arbogast, Chicken Farmer, Paint The Town Ag
- Karoline Rose, Leader, KRose Company
- Michelle Jones, Grain Farmer, Big Sky Farmher
- Allison Devitre, Regulatory Scientific Affairs, Bayer Crop Science
- Jessica Peters, Dairy Farmer, Spruce Row Farm
- Michelle Miller, Sheep and Cattle Farmer, Farm Babe, LLC
CAO would not be possible without the generous support of our sponsors. 2019 sponsors include: Dairy Management Inc., Seaboard Foods, National Pork Industry Foundation, CHS Foundation, National Turkey Federation, Bayer, Cooper Family Foundation, National Corn Growers Association, Vivayic, Alltech, Biotechnology Innovation Organization, Ohio Poultry Association, Domino’s Pizza Inc., Culver’s Franchising System, Pennsylvania Beef Council and National Chicken Council.
About the Alliance:
The Animal Agriculture Alliance is an industry-united, nonprofit organization that helps bridge the communication gap between farm and fork. We connect key food industry stakeholders to arm them with responses to emerging issues. We engage food chain influencers and promote consumer choice by helping them better understand modern animal agriculture. We protect by exposing those who threaten our nation’s food security with damaging misinformation. Find the Alliance on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.