Nuffield International Farming Scholars is pleased to announce that applications for 2019 scholarships are now open, and farmers and agricultural professionals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Prospective Nuffield Scholars are men and women in agriculture with a desire to explore the global industry and find new best practices and insight they can bring back home with them. Scholars are typically between the ages of 25 and 45 with direct engagement in the agriculture industry. Applications for the 2019 program are due by 30 September 2018.
- Supported by TIAA-CREF Global Agriculture – open to farmers and agribusiness professionals from USA, Brazil and Chile. The applicant must nominate to study one of the following topics:
- Disruption to conventional farming systems from new technology.
- Models for institutional investors capital to provide opportunities for young and family farmers.
- Mixed farming systems and their relevance in sustainable farming systems in the future.
- Natural capital / valuing natural capital and its intrinsic contribution to land values.
- Quality standards and certification as a reference of sustainability and their importance to farmers and landowners.
- How to maintain and Improve Soil Health
- Sustainable Water Use Practices (Irrigation).
- Supported by Nufarm – open to a Brazilian farmer or agricultural professional.
- Supported by Grupo Bom Futuro* – open to Brazilian farmers and agribusiness professionals with a focus on biological solutions.
- Supported by Cooperfibra Cooperative* – open for a Brazilian farmer and agribusiness professional directly involved in Cooperfibra, or someone able to directly add long-term value to the cooperative.
- Supported by a group of Brazilian companies* – open to Brazilian farmers and agribusiness professionals.
- Supported by Iowa Corn, Iowa Pork, National Pork and Iowa Farm Bureau* – open to Iowa farmers and agribusiness professionals.
- Supported by a US company – open to USA farmers and agribusiness professionals to study labor efficiency in permanent planting primary production .
- Supported by a Delaware coalition of farmers, the agricultural industry and farm organizations* – open for a Delaware farmer or agricultural professional to study one of the following topics:
- Advances in broiler production.
- Production and profit improvement in grain and soybean production.
- Synergies for agriculture/environment intersection.
- Supported by a US Organic Coalition* – open to organic farmers and agribusiness professionals in the USA.
- Supported by a coalition of agricultural industry and farm organizations in the country of Georgia* – open to a Georgian farmer or agricultural professional.
- Supported by an Armenian coalition of agricultural industry and farm organizations* – open to an Armenian farmer or agricultural professional.
Nuffield Scholars connect with industry leaders traveling with them in 2019, as well as a global network of more than 1,700 Scholars around the world.