October 16 – December 18, 2020
Full Course Information
- Calf Nutrition Pre- and Post-Weaning
- Calf Nutrition Post-weaning
- Replacement Economics
- Colostrum Management
- Inventory Management
- Calf Health
This online course has been approved for 14 ARPAS CEUs eligible to ARPAS members who participate.
Who Should Attend?
- are working on a dairy farm and are looking to increase their knowledge of calf and heifer management
- have had some formal training or coursework but want a refresher on calf and heifer management
- have been working with the farm’s calf and heifer program but want to know more about the how, what and why
- want to improve the calf and heifer management of their herd but need to know where to start
- want to increase the skills they bring to the farm or your farm employer
- have been wondering where they’ll find the time to attend a course or workshop
How it works:
This is a seven-week course offered online through Moodle, an easy-to-use online interface viewed on your personal computer’s web browser. Presentations for each topic are pre-recorded and are accessible whenever is convenient to the participant. An optional live Q & A session with presenters is held on Thursdays weekly via an online webinar. Corresponding assignments are due each week. To get the most out of the experience, you should expect to spend approximately two hours per week on the lessons and assignments.
This course has been approved for a maximum of 2.1 CEUs from the Cornell School of Continuing Education. Upon completion of this course, you will receive a certificate notifying you of the CEUs awarded.