Contact your local nominating chair by September 30th
The Minnesota Dairy Research and Promotion Council is seeking candidates to run for board positions in 11 districts. Elected board members represent dairy farmers in their respective districts and make decisions regarding the expenditure of dairy check-off funds.
After the nomination deadline, a list of the candidates will be available from the Minnesota Department of Agriculture (MDA). Mail requests should be sent to Promotion Councils, 625 North Robert Street, St. Paul, MN 55155-2538. Election ballots will be mailed early January. Please contact Ruth White at 651-201-6494 with any questions.
Districts by county and township:
- District 1: Beltrami, Clearwater, Kittson, Lake of the Woods, Marshall, Mahnomen, Norman, Pennington, Polk, Red Lake, Roseau. Nominating Chair Al Grunhovd
- District 3: Becker, Cass, Clay, Hubbard, Wadena. Nominating Chair Bruce Richter
- District 5: Todd. Nominating Chair Kraig Kruse
- District 7: Douglas, Grant, Pope, Stevens, Traverse. Nominating Chair Bette Paulzine
- District 9: Stearns County Townships: Albany, Avon, Brockway, Collegeville, Eden Lake, Fair Haven, Farming, Holding, Krain, Le Sauk, Luxemburg, Lynden, Maine Prairie, Munson, Paynesville, Rockville, St. Augusta, St. Cloud, St. Joseph, St. Martin, St. Wendel, Wakefield, Zion. Nominating Chair Victor Uphoff
- District 11: Big Stone, Chippewa, Kandiyohi, Lac qui Parle, Renville, Swift, Yellow Medicine. Nominating Chair David Stelter
- District 13: Carver, McLeod. Nominating Chair Jick Jeurissen
- District 15: Dakota, Le Sueur, Rice, Scott. Nominating Chair Nate Kuball
- District 17: Wabasha. Nominating Chair Brian Yotter