Free online episodes offer insights to help producers make informed decisions
Professional Dairy Producers® – PDPW has released the speaker and content line up for week three of The Dairy Signal™. Developed by fellow dairy farmers from the PDPW Board of Directors, The Dairy Signal is a weekly series of free educational episodes offering insights and resources for fellow dairy farmers and other food system professionals throughout the value chain.
Each day during the Dairy Signal, respective speakers break down the day’s dairy business and market dynamics and offer tools to get farmers through the day and weeks ahead until the world stabilizes. The episodes air live-stream from 12:00-1:00 PM CT each Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
“It’s during our most difficult and challenging times when leadership and leaders are needed most,” said Andy Buttles, dairy producer from Lancaster, Wis., and PDPW board member. “We need to stay together and united and be a resource for each other. The PDPW Board hopes you find The Dairy Signal a valuable tool.”
Our dairy industry and lives are changing daily and our need for accurate business information is vital.
Here is a look at this week’s presenters and topics:
Tuesday, April 21
Learn up-to-date market insight and cow-side implications of various business changes. Episode presenters include:
- Mark Stephenson of UW-Madison Director of Dairy Policy Analysis and Director of Wisconsin’s Center for Dairy Profitability
- Heather White, Assistant Professor of Dairy Science at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
Wednesday, April 22
Hear the market forecast and proposed marketing plans to assist dairy producers and processors. Episode presenters include:
- Jim Mulhern, President and Chief Executive Officer of the National MilkProducers Federation (NMPF)
- David Kohl, owner of Homestead Creamery and Stoney Brook Farm in Wirtz, Va., and Professor Emeritus of Agricultural Finance and Small Business Management and Entrepreneurship in the Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics at Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Va.
Thursday, April 23
- Dan Basse, Economist and President of AgResource Company, a domestic and international agricultural research firm
- Luiz Ferraretto, Assistant Professor, Livestock Nutrition, University of Florida
During last week’s Dairy Signal, Dr. David Kohl said, “We can’t make knee-jerk decisions during these times. We need the government, financial lenders and producers all working together to create short- and long-term solutions.”
All episodes are free and open to the public, accessible from www.pdpw.org. For more information, contact PDPW at 800-947-7379 or by emailing email@example.com. Follow along digitally in advance of and during the sessions by following @dairyPDPW and using #TheDairySignal on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Professional Dairy Producers (PDPW) is the nation’s largest dairy producer-led organization of its kind, focusing on producer professionalism, stakeholder engagement and unified outreach to share ideas, solutions, resources, and experiences that help dairy producers succeed.