February 26 – 27, 2019
Syracuse, New York
Early bird registration discount by February 1
The CDEP Management Symposium is opportunity for CDEP alumni and other progressive dairy managers to continue their education in leadership and management skills and network with other progressive dairy producers. The 2019 Management Symposium agenda features topics to improve operational efficiencies, focusing on two key strategic concepts: Joint Ventures and Lean Systems.
Lean systems is a systematic approach for waste minimization within a manufacturing system without sacrificing productivity or quality. Implementation leads to better recognition and permanent solutions to disruptions of processes. Presentations will discuss how lean principles can be incorporated throughout a business and what
steps can be taken to implement principles into daily operations.
- Carl Lehrkinds, Lehrkinds Coca-Cola and Mountain County Distributing
- Cheryl Jones, University of Kentucky and former Vice President of Manufacturing, Toyota Motor Manufacturing
Joint Ventures – Governance, Compensation, and Exit Strategies
Agricultural producers form joint ventures to achieve higher economic value by working as a group on an activity important to each producer’s business. Whether or not the potential value is achieved hinges on effective decision making and communications as they work together on their common interest. Presentations will discuss governance, compensation, and exit strategies related to joint ventures.
- David Chattleton, Tiverton Advisors LLC
- Mike Fassler, The Family Business Consulting Group
- Doug Claussen, K Coe Isom
- Shannon Ferrell, Oklahoma State University and Ferrell Law Firm