– New officers for the Council on Dairy Cattle Breeding (CDCB) were elected at the recent meeting of the Board of Directors, when CDCB also expressed appreciation to the outgoing leadership.
John Meyer of Holstein Association USA, Brattleboro, Vt., retired from the CDCB Board after serving multiple terms as Director and as CDCB Chair from August 2017 to April 2019. Chuck Sattler of Select Sires, Inc., Plain City, Ohio, has also completed a two-year term as Secretary and remains on the CDCB Board.
With his tenure on the CDCB Board coming to close, Meyer was presented a painting and plaque with this inscription: “With deep appreciation and gratitude for serving on the Board of Directors of the Council on Dairy Cattle Breeding for multiple terms. Your insight, perseverance and dedication to the launch of the CDCB as a business operation was guided by your allegiance to the dairy industry. Your leadership chairing the Board of
Directors from 2017 to 2019 helped the CDCB to reach new levels of excellence.”
New Officer Team
Neal Smith of American Jersey Cattle Association, Reynoldsburg, Ohio, was elected to serve as CDCB Chair for 2019-2021, representing the Purebred Dairy Cattle Association (PDCA). Smith has been engaged on the CDCB Board as Director and Treasurer.
Joining Smith on the executive team are:
· Vice Chair: Jay Weiker, Madison, Wis., representing National Association of Animal Breeders (NAAB)
· Secretary: Dan Sheldon of Woody Hill Farm, Salem, NY, representing Dairy Records Providers (DRPs)
· Treasurer: John Clay of Dairy Records Management System, Raleigh, NC, representing the Dairy Records Processing Centers (DRPCs)
“The CDCB staff looks forward to working with this new officer team to advance key initiatives and continually enhance the U.S. genetic system and evaluations to deliver the highest-possible value to dairy producers,” said Dürr.
Worden Joins CDCB Board of Directors
Lindsey Worden of Holstein Association USA, Brattleboro, Vt., was elected to a first term on the Board, representing the PDCA. Three other Board members were re-elected to additional terms:
· John Clay, Dairy Records Management System, Raleigh, NC
· Jay Mattison, National Dairy Herd Information Association, Verona, Wis.
· Katie Olson, ABS Global, DeForest, Wis.
These individuals round out the current CDCB Board of Directors, totaling 12 voting members.
· Pat Baier of AgSource Cooperative Services, Verona, Wis.
· Lee Day, Amelicor, Provo, Utah
· Chuck Sattler, Select Sires, Inc., Plain City, Ohio
· Boyd Schaufelberger of Schaufine Farms, Greenville, Ill.
· Bill Verboort of AgriTech Analytics, Visalia, Calif.
The CDCB Board represents the four collaborating sectors of the U.S. dairy industry, each having three seats on the Board: Dairy Records Providers, Dairy Records Processing Centers, National Association of Animal Breeders and Purebred Dairy Cattle Association.