There’s a reason the Caprese Salad is a classic. Its genius lies in the simplicity of combining fresh seasonal tomatoes and basil leaves from the garden with fresh mozzarella cheese and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. However, Crave Brothers Farmstead Classics offers fresh spins on the idea, inspired by their variety of award-winning Fresh Mozzarella sizes and shapes. Don’t be surprised if these salad suggestions become classics, too.
For your convenience, versatile Crave Brothers Fresh Mozzarella is available in sizes ranging from perline (pearl size) to ciliegine (cherry size), bocconcini (ball size), ovoline (egg size), as well as medallions, 8-ounce balls, 1-pound balls, and 1-pound logs. All told, Crave Brothers Fresh Mozzarella has won more than 40 awards, including two First Place Awards at the 2019 U.S. Championship Cheese Contest. Discover for yourself how freshness makes a difference in the following salads.
• Sliced peach Caprese Salad is created with Crave Brothers Fresh Mozzarella Medallions and garnished with mint and basil fresh from the garden. Drizzle with just a bit of dressing made with fruit-flavored vinegar, honey and extra virgin olive oil.
• Grape tomatoes, Kalamata olives and Crave Brothers Marinated Fresh Mozzarella-Ciliegine are a great combination. Dress the salad with a drizzle of the Crave Brothers signature marinade and a simple garnish of a few snips of fresh Mediterranean herbs from the garden.
• Pitted fresh cherries and Crave Brothers Fresh Mozzarella Ciliegine are made for each other. Enhance the combination with an optional drizzle of fruit-infused balsamic vinegar or a splash of extra virgin olive oil flavored with a drop of almond or vanilla extract. Garnish with a sprinkle of thyme leaves.
• Combine mango slices with slices of Crave Brothers Fresh Mozzarella. Drizzle with a dressing made by whisking together maple syrup, Dijon mustard and balsamic vinegar—no oil needed.
• Fresh corn kernels, fresh blueberries, cooked wild rice, and Crave Brothers Fresh Mozzarella Perlines prove how many good fresh ingredients come in small sizes. The dressing is destined to become it’s own classic. Make blueberry vinaigrette in a blender with ½ cup of fresh blueberries, ¼ cup of white vinegar, ¼ cup of honey and 6 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Serve the salad over mixed greens.
Like other Crave Brothers Farmstead Cheese, Fresh Mozzarella is made with milk from the family’s own dairy herd, and sustainably produced in the family’s farmstead cheese-making facility that practices water conservation, recycling, and uses 100 percent green power.
For additional summery salad recipe ideas from Crave Brothers Farmstead Cheese, visit www.cravecheese.com. You’ll also find details about the award-winning line of Crave Brothers Farmstead Cheese, and videos highlighting the Crave Brothers green story.