Dairy farmers come together Jan. 3 and 4 to prepare for a crisis before it happens
Having a comprehensive crisis plan personalized to your farm is key to business sustainability, brand protection, and vital to successfully overcoming an incident associated with your farm. The Professional Dairy Producers® (PDPW) Crisis Management Workshop, a part of PDPW’s Dairy’s Visible Voice® curriculum, is designed to proactively prepare dairy farm owners, managers or other key team members for successful leadership and communication during crisis.
The Crisis Management Workshop will be presented on-farm Jan. 3 and 4, 2018 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., repeating on farm in two locations:
- Wed., Jan. 3: Pagels Ponderosa Dairy, N4893 County Rd. C, Kewaunee, Wis. (Kewaunee County)
- Thu., Jan. 4: Boon Farms, N6634 State Hwy 73, Greenwood, Wis. (Clark County)
Led by Judy Rupnow, Senior Counselor at MorganMyers, this Crisis Management training will equip dairy farmers with the business and management strategies needed to enhance a farm’s response and interaction with the community and media in time of crisis. Judy will prepare farmers to:
- Identify and rank potential crises and lay a foundation for a crisis preparedness plan
- Consider and identify the farm’s crisis response team
- Anticipate a multitude of decisions that must be made immediately by the farm
- Learn “what” and “how” information should be communicated during crisis
- Prepare and practice key messages around potential crises scenarios
- Understand what you can do as a farm owner or manager to mitigate or avoid future farm crises
As MorganMyers’ go-to resource for strategic planning, research, member communications and leadership training, your trainer, Judy Rupnow, is well-versed in hands-on crises management. Judy has been at the forefront of farmer-to-consumer trust-building communications initiatives for the Illinois Farm Families Coalition, Illinois Beef Association, and the Illinois Corn Marketing Board. Judy also has extensive experience in program strategy, special event design and implementation, relationship management, media relations, advertising and audience cultivation.
To learn more about the PDPW Dairy’s Visible Voice curriculum – leadership development through effective communication, the Crisis Communication Workshop specifically, or to register for Kewaunee or to register for Greenwood, visit www.pdpw.org or contact PDPW at 1-800-947-7379. Registration includes the training sessions, lunch, and refreshments throughout the day.
The PDPW Crisis Management Workshop is an accredited training and offers up to 7.0 Dairy AdvanCE continuing education units (CEUs). To learn more or secure credits, visit www.DairyAdvance.org.
Professional Dairy Producers (PDPW) is the nation’s largest dairy producer-led organization of its kind, focusing on producer professionalism, stakeholder engagement and unified outreach to share ideas, solutions, resources and experiences that help dairy producers succeed.”