The event is free but reservations are required by March 5
The event will be held Thursday, March 12, from 9 a.m. to 2:45 pm. at the Berlin Community Building, 700 North Street, Berlin, Somerset County. A continental breakfast and lunch will be provided, through the generosity of Somerset Trust.
The agenda features leaders from around the state:
- 9 – 10 a.m.: Continental breakfast and networking
- 10 – 10:45 a.m.: Analysis & Adjustment of a Dairy Business Plan, Andrew Sandeen, Dairy Educator, Penn State Extension
- 11 – 11:45 a.m.: I am the Milkman’s Daughter… and Other Secrets of Dairy Value-Added Processing, Carissa Itle Westrick, Director of Business Development, Vale Wood Farms, Loretta, PA
- 1 – 1:45 p.m.: Diversifying your Dairy with Beef, Tara Felix Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Beef Cattle Nutrition and Management and Extension Beef Specialist, Penn State Department of Animal Science
- 2 – 2:45 p.m.: Resources for Pennsylvania Dairy Farmers: Jayne Sebright, Executive Director, Center for Dairy Excellence
The event is free but reservations are required by March 5. To RSVP contact Joshua Miller, [email protected], (814) 443-9399.