Conference takes place on Sept. 11 in Summerdale, Cumberland County
Advanced registration for the tenth annual Dairy Financial and Risk Management Conference closes next week. Hosted by the Center for Dairy Excellence, the event will be held on Wednesday, September 11 from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Central Penn Conference Center, located at 600 Valley Road in Summerdale, Cumberland County. The conference will feature keynote speaker sessions and interactive panel discussions with seven dairy financial professionals.
The speakers will share financial benchmarking and risk management fundamentals, resources for avoiding financial risk, and dairy industry innovation opportunities. Attendees will be able to ask questions about current market dynamics, whole farm risk management plans, and business planning and decision-making practices.
Learn more about the speakers:
- Christine Brodeur, Dairy Farmers of America Risk Management – Christine Brodeur serves as director for DFA Risk Management, a division of Dairy Farmers of America, Inc. She is responsible for leading the membership team within DFA Risk Management to work with members across the country and support profitability by eliminating price uncertainty.
- Jacqi Coleman, Dairy Management Inc. – Jacqi Coleman joined Dairy Management Inc. in 2016 as Vice President of Global Innovation Partnerships. Jacqi brings over 15 years of consumer package goods experience and helps lead innovation for well-known brands.
- George Cook, Blakinger Thomas, P.C. – George Cook is a shareholder of Blakinger Thomas and Chair of the Agricultural group. His primary practice areas are real estate, agricultural, zoning and subdivision and litigation relating to real estate and land use.
- Kara McDonald, U.S. Dairy Export Council – Kara McDonald serves as vice president of global marketing communications at the U.S. Dairy Export Council. She is responsible for overseeing and implementing business-to-business initiatives that will increase the demand for U.S. dairy ingredients and cheeses.
- Michael Peachey, Acuity Advisors and CPAs, LLP – Michael Peachey is a CPA and partner with Acuity Advisors and CPAs, LLP, where he leads the firm’s agri-business services practice. Michael advises clients on a variety of business growth, financing, succession and exit planning events in the life cycle of their business.
- Gary Sipiorski, Vita Plus Corporation – Gary Sipiorski serves as the Dairy Development Manager with Vita Plus Corporation. He writes for many agricultural publications and is the author of the book “Dairy Money Matters” published by Hoard’s Dairyman.
- Judy Whisler, Dairy Management Inc. – Judy Whisler is Vice President of Knowledge and Insights for Dairy Management Inc. In this role, Judy provides consumer insights support for DMI’s strategic partners on both the retail and food service side.
Cost of attendance is $200 per person, including meals, and discounted to $150 per person for those who are representatives of Center Allies for Advancement with a bronze level or higher. To register, visit centerfordairyexcellence.org/conference-registration.
For more information, visit centerfordairyexcellence.org or call 717-346-0849.