June 12 and 13 at the Grand River Center in Dubuque, Iowa
The 2019 4 State Dairy Nutrition and Management Conference is fast approaching on June 12 and 13 at the Grand River Center in Dubuque, Iowa.
On June 13 conference speakers include: Alex Bach from Spain discussing their research on rearing youngstock for maximum performance and health. Paul Fricke, University of Wisconsin, will cover management strategies in the era of high pregnancy rates and Rick Grant, Miner Institute will talk about their latest forage research.
Select breakout topics include:
- Feeding for success: What cows need in their feeding environment.
- Successfully transitioning the dry cow to the beginning of lactation.
- Can negative DCAD diets improve reproduction?
- Economics of cow longevity.
- Transition diseases and culling: Is lower really better?
- Helping dairy farmers to manage stress
- Beyond lysine and methionine: What have we learned about histidine?
Come to the trade show, evening receptions and networking opportunities. Advanced Dairy CE and ARPAS CEU credits are available. This conference is a collaborative effort of Extension Services of Iowa State University, University of Illinois, University of Minnesota and University of Wisconsin.
For more information and to register, visit http://fourstatedairy.org/ or Jim Salfer at email@example.com or 320-203-6093. The conference registration fee is $150 until May 31 and $175 after.
Source: Jim Salfer, Extension Educator, University of Minnesota Extension, St. Cloud, Minnesota, firstname.lastname@example.org, 320-203-6093