These one-hour live educational sessions are available to attendees from around the world.
Live webinars are free of charge, but you must register (recordings are available to members of the DCWC).
Session I – “Dairy Welfare Student Showcase: Student's presentations selected for the Annual Symposium”
- Kaitlin Gingerich, University of Florida, "Disbudding affects social behavior and use of a shelter in group-housed dairy calves"
- Blair Downey, University of California – Davis, "Feeding behavior and consumption in milk-fed dairy calves: from birth onwards"
- Hailey Simpson, Colorado State University, "Dairy worker perspectives on performing euthanasia as an essential component of their job"
Date & Time: May 27, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time
Session II – “Dairy Welfare Student Showcase: Student's presentations selected for the Annual Symposium”
- Anne-Marieke Smid, University of British Columbia (current affiliation: University of Calgary), "Dairy cattle preference for different types of outdoor access"
- Katherine Creutzinger, The Ohio State University, "Stocking density impacts group-housed cows’ ability to seek isolation before calving"
- Brooklyn Wagner, North Carolina State University, "Timely euthanasia of dairy cattle: exploring the producer perspective"
Date & Time: June 3, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time
Webinars are geared toward dairy farmers, veterinarians, consultants, industry, Extension/academia, and government representatives interested in many aspects of dairy cattle welfare. Professional, undergraduate, and graduate students are strongly encouraged to participate.
You can register for both sessions of the Dairy Welfare Student Showcase https://dcwcouncil.org/ .