Purpose: To reward dairy farmers or dairy farm families who display a passion for dairying and use practices that will help lead their dairy into the future.
Award Description: Regional awards will be presented in each of the three categories (Animal Care, Community/Consumer Outreach, and Environmental Stewardship) in the eight regions across ADA North East territory. These winners will receive a “Dairying for Tomorrow” farm sign to display and will be entered to win the overall award for their category.
Each regional winner must take part in a farm walk-through to qualify to be an overall category winner. This walk-through will be done by an ADA North East staff member to confirm all items identified on the application and to deliver the “Dairying for Tomorrow;” farm sign.
One overall winner and one honorable mention in each category will receive a farm photo shoot and short promotional video developed by ADA North East. ADA North East will work with winners and honorable mentions to schedule the farm photo shoots.
The photos and promotional videos will be used by ADA North East for dairy farmer image campaigns on social media. The video and photos taken at the farm shoot will be made available to the winners.
The overall category winners and honorable mention awards will be presented during the dairy awards breakfast at the New York State Fair or Ag Progress Day in Pennsylvania depending on your farm’s location. Overall winners will be notified in advance and invited to the award presentation.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- Applicant must be located within the 8 regions. (Your Region will be automatically determined when you fill out the application.)
- The farm must currently be shipping milk.
- The contact name and phone number of two non-family and/or farm partner references must be included in application.
- All entries received and any materials submitted as part of the nomination become the property of ADA North East and will not be returned.
- Online submissions only.
- Nominations may come for any affiliate of the farm including, but not limited to: owner, employee, veterinarian, nutritionist, feed salesman, extension agent, etc.
- Nominees can be nominated in more than one category. However, each category nomination requires a separate application.
- Deadline for online submissions is April 30, 2018.
For questions on the award or application process, please contact Emma Andrew at firstname.lastname@example.org.