16-member Board represents the diversity of Northeast agriculture and forest products.
Farm Credit East, a customer-owned cooperative lender, has announced the results of its recent director elections and board reorganization meeting. The 16-member Board represents the diversity of Northeast agriculture and forest products.
Farm Credit East, ACA stockholders recently elected the following three members to serve four-year terms on its Board of Directors:
- , of Mapleton, Maine, is co-owner and cooperatively manages crop production, marketing and sales at Buck Farms, a 1,000-acre cash crop and potato farm.
- , of Adams, N.Y., is the general and financial manager of Sheland Farms LLC, handling bookkeeping, business management and business leadership.
- , of Groton, N.Y., is the retiring senior partner of Walnut Ridge Dairy, LLC, along with Steve Palladino, John Fleming and Keith Chapin. The farm milks 1,600 cows and operates 2,200 acres.
At the April 28 reorganization meeting, the Board elected Laurie Griffen, of Stillwater, N.Y., as its Chair and elected John Knopf, of Canandaigua, N.Y., as Vice Chair. In addition to Chair Griffen and Vice Chair Knopf, the Executive Committee also includes Peter Call, Batavia, N.Y., and Lisa Sellew, Lebanon, Conn.
“During these difficult times, Farm Credit East’s role as an essential partner for Northeast agriculture, commercial fishing and forest products is more important than ever,” said Chair Griffen. “We have an excellent Board of Directors committed to the future of Farm Credit East and our members. The experience and diversity of our Board enables us to effectively serve members across our seven-state service area. I’m appreciative of their confidence in electing me as Chair.”
Farm Credit East is a customer-owned agricultural cooperative and part of the nationwide Farm Credit System. Farm Credit East serves Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York and Rhode Island.
The full Farm Credit East board is comprised of 16 directors, which includes three appointed directors who bring additional skills and capabilities to the boardroom. In addition to those recently elected to the board and those elected to leadership and Executive Committee positions, the board includes:
- Michael N. Brooks, Elmer, N.J.
- Tim C. Chan, Claremont, N.H.
- Philip “Jamie” Jones, Shelton, Conn.
- LouAnne F. King, Madrid, N.Y.
- James A. Robbins II, Searsmont, Maine
- Keith M. Stolzenburg, East Amherst, N.Y.
- Peter H. Triandafillou, Orono, Maine
- Terry Zittel, Eden, N.Y.
Farm Credit East congratulates the winning candidates and thanks our customer-members for participating in the election process. We also thank departing director and former Board Chair Matt Beaton, of Wareham, Mass., for his 15 years of service to the cooperative, including four years as Chair and four as Vice Chair.