“This year’s scholarship recipients aspire to make a difference in their communities and are well on their way to becoming future industry leaders and entrepreneurs,” said CEO Mike Reynolds.
Farm Credit East Board Chair Laurie Griffen commented, “The Farm Credit East Board of Directors congratulates these deserving students and wishes them the best for a successful educational experience.”
The following students will each receive a $1,500 Farm Credit East scholarship:
From the Batavia, N.Y., office territory:
- Peyton Fontaine of Strykersville, N.Y., attends Cornell University, majoring in agriculture sciences.
From the Burrville, N.Y., office territory:
- Alicia Shepard of Henderson, N.Y., majors in agribusiness at SUNY Cobleskill.
From the Claverack, N.Y., office territory:
- Madison Bentley of Athens, N.Y. attends Paul Smith’s College, majoring in forestry
From the Cooperstown, N.Y., office territory:
- Hannah-Rose Foote of Richmondville, N.Y., studies agribusiness at SUNY Cobleskill.
- Laura Littrell of St. Johnsville, N.Y., attends Cornell University, majoring in animal science.
From the Cortland, N.Y., office territory:
- Emma Gendron of Willet, N.Y., studies animal science at SUNY Cobleskill.
- Rebecca Colgan of Auburn, N.Y., attends SUNY Cobleskill, majoring in agricultural sciences.
- Joseph Proe of Canandaigua, N.Y., studies viticulture and enology at Cornell University.
From the Greenwich, N.Y., office territory:
- Adam King of Schuylerville, N.Y., attends Cornell University, majoring in agricultural sciences.
- Johnathan King of Schuylerville, N.Y., studies animal science at Cornell University.
From the Hornell, N.Y., office territory:
- Amber Lewis of Rexville, N.Y., attends SUNY Cobleskill and majors in agricultural business.
From the Mayville, N.Y., office territory:
- Justin Seltzer of West Valley, N.Y., attends SUNY Alfred and is studying to become a farm equipment mechanic.
- Bryanna Warner of Frewsburg, N.Y., studies agricultural business at Wilmington College (OH).
From the Potsdam, N.Y., office territory:
- Jesse Braun of Lisbon, N.Y., is working toward a career in environmental/agricultural law at Columbia University.
- Grace Harrigan of Chateaugay, N.Y., attends Cornell University, majoring in animal science.
From the Riverhead, N.Y., office territory:
- Elijah Halsey of Water Mill, N.Y., attends Lafayette College, studying civil engineering.
Additionally, Charlotte Keil, of Mattituck, N.Y., received the Farm Credit East “Chair Scholarship” following an additional review of the applications for individuals who plan to pursue a career in production agriculture. This recipient earned an additional $1,500 award.
Keil is from Farm Credit East’s Riverhead, N.Y., office territory and attends Cornell University where she majors in agricultural sciences. Upon graduation, she aims to become the first woman in a leadership role in her family’s wholesale greenhouse business.
Farm Credit East is a member owned cooperative that extends more than $7.8 billion in loans and has 20 local offices in its seven-state service area. In addition to loans and leases, the organization also offers a full range of specialized financial services, such as tax preparation, payroll, record keeping, appraisal, and consulting for farming, forest products and commercial fishing businesses. Farm Credit East is governed by a 16-person board of directors, comprised of 13 customer-elected, one customer appointed and two outside appointed directors. For more information, visit FarmCreditEast.com.