10 AM to 3 PM. Seven Locations Statewide.
Registration is $75 and includes 2 day school, lunches and all materials.
Who Should Attend:
- Those who are currently feeding dairy cows and want to learn more about the how and why of what they’re doing.
- Those who are interested in becoming a cow feeder and want to increase their knowledge of cow feeding.
- Anyone interested in learning more about how to improve the feeding process on their farm.
Topics Covered During the Two Day School:
- Feeder’s impact on the bottom line.
- Rumen physiology - What every feeder should know.
- Nutrition - Impact of feeders on the ration.
- Dry matter monitoring.
- Basic bunk silo management.
- Packing density and preservation.
- Feed bunk management.
- TMR audits.
- Troubleshooting mixer wagons.
- Safety considerations for feeders.
- Dr. Bill Stone, DVM, PhD, Director, Technical Services, Diamond V.
- Shawn Bossard, SUNY Morrisville.
- Dr. Jerry Bertoldo DVM, Betsy Hicks, Dave Balbian, Libby Eiholzer,
Lindsay Ferlito, and Kelsey O’Shea: Area Dairy Specialists with Cornell Cooperative Extension, Cornell University.
- Kathy Barrett, Dairy Education, Cornell PRO-DAIRY.
Cornell Cooperative Extension provides equal program and employment opportunities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting the site registrar 10 days prior to the event.
DATES AND LOCATIONS
|Region||Dates & Locations||Registration Information|
|CNY||Oct 26 at Walnut Ridge Dairy.
Nov 2 at Whittaker’s Dairy.
|Oct 31 and Nov 7 -
CCE Learning Farm, Canton, NY.
Nov 1 and Nov 8 -
|Madison County||Nov 9 and 16 at SUNY Morrisville.||Sarah Ficken
315.684.3001 Ext 108
|Nov 28 at Dygert Farm, Nelliston.
Dec 5 at Matis Farm, Fonda.
Nov 30 at Postma Brothers Dairy, West Edmeston.
|WNY||Oct 25 at CCE Ontario County, Canandaigua.
Nov 1 at Lawnel Farms, Piffard.
585-343-3040 Ext 138