The CDCB Board of Directors will welcome two new directors, Corey Geiger and Dave Hallberg, at their upcoming August meeting, according to its recent newsletter issued Aug. 16.
On the CDCB Board, Corey Geiger of Mukwonago, Wis., will represent the interests of Purebred Dairy Cattle Association as the new President of Holstein Association-USA. Corey is the managing editor of Hoard’s Dairyman, where he has been a member of the publication’s editorial staff for nearly 25 years. He has volunteered for a number of dairy organizations and remains active in his family’s dairy, Ran-Rose Holsteins. Corey replaces Boyd Schaufelberger of Greenville, Ill., who served the past two years in this role.
Dave Hallberg, a dairy producer from Pennock, Minn., represents the Dairy Records Providers in a role previously served by Pat Baier. Dave owns Hall-Lar Registered Holsteins. Over 31 years as a dairy producer, he has held leadership roles in various dairy organizations, including artificial insemination cooperatives, the Minnesota DHIA Board, Quality Certification Service Advisory Committee and National DHIA Central Caucus.
The CDCB team thanks Pat and Boyd for their sincere and dedicated commitment to the positive evolution and improvement of CDCB services.
- Chair: Neal Smith of American Jersey Cattle Association, Reynoldsburg, Ohio
- Vice Chair: Jay Weiker of National Association of Animal Breeders, Madison, Wis.
- Secretary: Dan Sheldon of Woody Hill Farm, Salem, NY
- Treasurer: John Clay of Dairy Records Management System, Raleigh, NC
- Lee Day of Amelicor, Provo, Utah
- Jay Mattison of National Dairy Herd Information Association, Verona, Wis.
- Katie Olson of ABS Global, DeForest, Wis.
- Chuck Sattler of Select Sires, Inc., Plain City, Ohio
- Bill Verboort of AgriTech Analytics, Visalia, Calif.
- Lindsey Worden of Holstein Association USA, Brattleboro, Vt.
The CDCB Board represents the four collaborating sectors of the U.S. dairy industry, each having three seats on the Board: Dairy Records Providers, Dairy Records Processing Centers, National Association of Animal Breeders and Purebred Dairy Cattle Association.