As we enter a new year and, in fact, a new decade, it’s crucial that we get off to a great start. The last 10 years in the dairy industry have had their share of “highs” and “lows.” Yet, the last 12 months represented a year in which we saw more positive results, and this year is looking brighter, too.
Having said that, what do we need to do to start off on a positive note? I recently listened to an excellent presentation by Brendon Burchard entitled “How to Achieve a Happier 2020.” Here are his three major factors that will determine your success this year, along with items he called “Musts for 2020!”
Brendon’s three major factors that will determine your success this year:
- Your Ambition – You must have a positive drive to achieve your best levels of success. Don’t tie this to your past. You cannot change the past, but you can set higher levels of ambition for the future.
- Your Attitude – This is especially significant when we are faced with struggles. This should be a better year, but I assure you, it will not be without some challenges. Obstacles will surface at some point. They do for all of us, so maintain a positive attitude. Ask yourself: “Is this the best I have to give?” As motivation speaker Zig Ziglar used to point out, “Your Attitude often determines your Altitude!”
Here are Brendon’s “Musts for 2020:”
- Reclaim Your Life’s Agenda. Forget the expectations of others, wrong turns and people who don’t appreciate you. Take responsibility; take back command of your outcome.
- Judge less, Feel better. Forget judging yourself over prior outcomes. Did you do the very best of which you are/were capable?
- Prioritize your Energy. Keep your energy levels at their highest possible level and make 2020 your best year ever!
- Be a positive Role Model. This applies to being proactive and being a great role model for your family, for your employees and for yourself.
- Track Your Goals and Integrate Wins. Look at this each and every week. Celebrate the wins!
- Commit yourself to Mastery! Ask, “What would it take to make us excellent in _____________?” When you can answer this, you know you’ll be on track…
I hope you find this information helpful. This is crucial information for you to have a firm grasp on. If I can assist you, please let me know. Additionally, as you think about how to overcome business challenges, ask what actions you must undertake. What will you do differently, going forward?
Here’s a suggestion for you. Sign up for our new Success Strategies Business Navigator Program. If you are open to learning new concepts and discussing them with other producers, you should take a look at this new program that will start early next year. It’s completely online, freeing you from travel but offering you an opportunity to learn from industry experts in the areas of milk marketing, management, financial analysis & banking/finance. For the value of the milk production of one 85 lb cow for a month, you can enroll in this quarterly workshop program for one year. What have you got to lose? Check it out at:
You won’t regret it. I wish you the very best for a success-filled year!
The author can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 209.938.8960
Readers can watch John Ellsworth's related video here: