GFE Conference May 27-29, 2020 Fort Worth, Texas
Registration is Now Open!
We are excited to announce that registration is now open
for the 12th Annual Grassfed Exchange Conference to be held at the Sonoma County Fairgrounds in Fort Worth, TX, May 27-29, 2020. This year we will be at the Will Rogers Memorial Center
, famous as the home of the Ft Worth Livestock Show and Rodeo, which will give us more space to spread out and learn from each other.
Our theme this year, Shared Stewardship
, is a declaration that we know what we must do AND that we must do it together with each other and with our lands. Attending the Grassfed Exchange is aimed at advancing the progress of regenerative practitioners, providing attendees with a cutting edge but practical toolkit of science, practices, and market knowledge. We’re incredibly excited about the fabulous list of speakers we have lined up, including:
- Alejandro Carrillo – Mexican cattle rancher turning desert back to grassland at very large scale
- Deborah Clark & Emry Birdwell – Regenerative grazing in large scale stocker operation
- Dr. Fred Provenza – Grazing Research scientists and Author, “Nourishment”
- Nicole Masters – Soil Scientist and Author, “For the Love of the Soil”
- John Taggart – Burgundy Pasture Beef – 100% grassfed beef from pasture to retail
- Katie Forrest & Taylor Collins – Founders of Epic Bar and now Force of Nature meats
We will have 5 field tours to choose from this year including stops at Birdwell & Clark, Dixon Water Foundation, Burgundy Pasture Beef, Noble Research Ranch, Stark Red Angus Ranch, 77 Ranch, and Rosewood Ranches. Breakout sessions are planned on:
- Grazing management in arid climates
- Putting conservation into practice
- Ranching innovations
- Getting from field to plate
- Using cover crops
- Different pathways into ranching
- The latest in regenerative ranching science
With emphasis on stewarding the land as a community, we are very excited to announce that in lieu of the traditional banquet, we will hold our 1st
Annual “Regeneration Festival
” complete with food, drink and a little western swing dancing featuring Big Cedar Fever
. Now an established tradition, we will also continue to highlight our “Herd Fellow” scholars as the next generation of young farmers and ranchers.
With the anticipated gracious support of our community of sponsors, the price for the main conference is $425 for the main 2-day event, and $100 for tours. Early bird registration offers a $50 discount for registrations completed by midnight Mar 15, 2020. Herd Fellow applications will open soon.
To find out more details and to register, visit us online at www.grassfedexchange.com
Be sure to register soon – we think this one is going to fill up fast. We hope to see you there!
On Behalf of The Grassfed Exchange, Russ Conser (President)