Become an Effective On-The-Job Trainer
Effective trainings contribute to success of employees and the farm business. With training employees learn how to best complete their task and why it is important to the farm’s success.
- saves time and avoids problems
- makes people feel important and involved, which keeps them engaged and reduces employee turnover
The workshops will included brief presentations and interactive learning following a system of:
- TELL: Describe the procedure and why it is important
- SHOW: Demonstrate the procedure and emphasize key points
- DO: Allow the learner to try and answer any questions
- REVIEW: Are the steps in the procedure done correctly?
- Plan for organized and effective trainings
- Train in a way that works for most people
- Measure and follow up to make sure learning happened
These workshops are supported by a grant from the New York Farm Viability Institute.
Visit Cornell Ag Workforce Development online at agworforce.cal.cornell.edu.
LOCATIONS & REGISTRATION
TUESDAY, APRIL 14
Offered in English Only
LOCATION: Best Western Canton
90 E Main St, Canton, 13617
TIME: 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM
REGISTER Online: ncrat.cce.cornell.edu/event_preregistration.php?event=1130
Call: Tatum L.Langworthy
315-788-8450 ext. 222
TUESDAY, APRIL 21
Offered in English and Spanish
LOCATION: CCE Schoharie County
173 South Grand Street, Cobleskill 12043
TIME: 10:30 AM – 2:30 PM
REGISTER Online: cnydfc.cce.cornell.edu/event.php?id=1114