Dairy’s Premier Educational Event Features Something for Everyone, Mar. 13-14, 2019, in Madison, Wis.
With two days packed with best-in-class education and networking, dairy farmers and allied industry can build a schedule to perfectly fit their business needs, interests and learning style at the 2019 PDPW Business Conference, held Mar. 13-14, 2019, at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison, Wis.
“We know that everyone has different priorities for their business and like to receive information in a different way, so the Business Conference is designed with a variety of formats, topics and delivery styles,” said Shelly Mayer, Executive Director of PDPW and dairy farmer, Slinger, Wis. “Attendees can maximize their time and investment at the conference by choosing the sessions tailored to their needs.”
The 2019 program includes 62 educational sessions and 41 dynamic presenters across four learning tracks.
Platforms will include:
- Keynote Sessions – Five general sessions will provide high level information to inspire and challenge all attendees on leadership and maximizing dairy business potential in today’s environment. 2019 Keynote Speakers include Dr. David Kohl, Scott Burrows, Dr. Richard Pimentel, Jason Karszes and Merril Hoge.
- Specialty and Breakout Sessions – Dive deeper into topics of interest with hour-long sessions featuring speakers and panel discussions that include visual presentations, opportunities for questions and conversations with leading experts on dairy management, leadership and financial management topics.
- Hands-on Hub – Engage all your senses in sessions that combine cutting-edge knowledge with an interactive workshop. Three sessions will run simultaneously each day, including topics on the impact of rainfall on various soil types, how necropsies can help make better decisions about calf health, and veterinary skills like reproductive ultrasonography, fresh cow observation and culture testing.
- Learning Lounges – Looking for a fast-pace briefing on key topics in the dairy industry? Stop into one of the 30-minute sessions held in the Hall of Ideas. Experts will provide information and solutions with time for Q&A and the opportunity to step in and out of the session as you need.
- Preview Stage – Leading researchers and their UW-Madison Master and PhD students will share highlights of their dairy research and breaking innovation from University research in the Hall of Ideas.
- Hall of Ideas Equipment & Trade Show – Browse hundreds of exhibitor booths and network with industry leaders in the Hall of Ideas. This is our attendees’ opportunity to see the latest in innovation and advancements with products and services provided to help dairy farmers succeed.
- The Dairy Technology Hub – Experts from U.S. Cellular and InterQuest Corp. will guide and answer questions about devices and apps, back-up methods, virus protection needs and what to look for in purchasing new devices for all work conditions. And, check out virtual reality glasses!
To learn more about the 2019 PDPW Business Conference details, educational sessions, or exhibitor and sponsorship details, visit PDPW.org/businessconference or contact PDPW at 800-947-7379. Follow along digitally in advance of and during the event by following @dairyPDPW and using #PDPW2019 on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Professional Dairy Producers (PDPW) is the nation’s largest dairy producer-led organization of its kind, focusing on producer professionalism, stakeholder engagement and unified outreach to share ideas, solutions, resources and experiences that help dairy producers succeed.