Three-part webinar series will help dairy farms strengthen family, team dynamics
The Center for Dairy Excellence is offering a three-part webinar series on Wednesdays in July for dairy producers and consultants who are looking to enhance family dynamics on the farm and navigate the “people side” of their business. The continuing education series, titled “Building the Bridge: The People Side of Dairying” will take place on July 8, 15 and 22 from 12:30 to 2 p.m. for each session. Access to the entire three-part series is free, but attendees must pre-register.
The webinars will feature speakers with experience in conflict management and working with dairy teams. Attendees will also hear from a panel of Pennsylvania dairy producers who will describe how a team approach helped provide a fresh perspective and identify bottlenecks on the farm.
“Many dairy farm families will tell you that working with family is rewarding but can also be challenging,” said Jayne Sebright, Executive Director at the Center for Dairy Excellence. “In this webinar series, dairy producers and dairy consultants will take a close look at the ‘people side’ of dairy farming and develop the soft skills they need to improve communication on the farm, resolve conflicts, make difficult decisions, and navigate changes as team.”
View the webinar series schedule:
- Wed. July 15 from 12:30-2 p.m. – “Dealing with Change” with Dr. Charles Gardner. Understand the different types of people who could be on dairy farm teams, discuss the common resistance to make changes, and how to manage team discussions around change.
- Wed. July 22 from 12:30-2 p.m. – “Using a Team” with a panel of Pennsylvania dairy producers: Jeremy Tanner, Andy Bollinger and Matt Bomgardner. Learn how a team can provide a broader perspective and help navigate difficult decisions and bottlenecks on the farm.
Rob Skacel, a licensed psychologist with senior executive experience at True Edge Performance Solutions, will discuss conflict resolution and navigating family farm dynamics. Skacel has held senior leadership positions in sizeable for-profit and non-profit organizations, where his responsibilities have focused on performance improvement and organizational development.
Dr. Charles Gardner will help facilitators understand change management. Gardner currently works with the Center for Dairy Excellence to help producers transition assets and other aspects of herd management. Throughout his career, Gardner has served as director of the Agway TSPF Heifer Program and worked at Cargill Animal Nutrition to improve animal and financial performance.
Jeremy Tanner (Tanner Brothers Dairy, Bucks County), Andy Bollinger (Meadow Spring Farm, Lancaster County) and Matt Bomgardner (Blue Mountain View Farm, Lebanon County) will share their perspectives as dairy farmers and describe how a team approach to decision-making helped them make important business decisions.
Learn more about the webinar series:
- Date: July 8, July 15 and July 22
- Time: 12:30 to 2 p.m.
- How to Join:
- Pre-register for the webinar to secure your seat. You will receive the access code for the entire series after registration.
- Register at www.centerfordairyexcellence.org/building-the-bridge.
A recording of the presentation will be sent to participants at the conclusion of each session. For more information and to register for the webinar series, visitwww.centerfordairyexcellence.org/building-the-bridge or call 717-346-0849.