Sixteen of the dairy’s products were recognized as the “Best of the Best” during the World Dairy Expo (WDE) Championship Dairy Product Contest 2018 Competition
Hiland Dairy won all three awards in the cultured milk category for 1% Buttermilk (Norman, Oklahoma production), Cultured Milk (Memphis, Tennessee production) and Bulgarian Buttermilk (Fort Smith, Arkansas production). The dairy also won four awards for dips and sour cream produced at the Omaha, Nebraska plant.
“We are honored to have so many of our products and processing facilities recognized at a national level,” said Rick Beaman, vice president, Hiland Dairy Foods Company. “We always want to provide the freshest, best-tasting dairy for our customers. Being recognized with multiple WDE awards supports that goal.”
Judging was held on August 21-23 at MATC Culinary Arts School in Madison, Wisconsin. See next page for complete list of Hiland Dairy winning products.
Hiland Dairy plants were awarded top honors for the products in the following categories:
- Hiland Dairy, Omaha, Nebraska
- First Place, Salsa Dip
- First Place, Ranch with Dill Dip
- Third Place, Light Sour Cream
- Third Place, Bacon Cheddar Dip
- Hiland Dairy, Norman, Oklahoma
- First Place, 1% Buttermilk
- Second Place, Heavy Whipping Cream
- Third Place, Whole Milk
- Hiland Dairy, Tyler, Texas
- Third Place, Regular Vanilla Ice Cream (Goldenbrook)
- Third Place, Chocolate Ice Cream (Goldenbrook)
- Hiland Dairy, Kansas City, Missouri
- Second Place, Lowfat Chocolate Milk 2%
- Hiland Dairy, Chandler, Oklahoma
- Second Place, Lowfat Cottage Cheese – Chandler, OK
- Hiland Dairy, Springfield, Missouri
- Second Place, Chocolate Ice Cream
- Hiland Dairy, Fort Smith, Arkansas
- Third Place, Bulgarian Buttermilk
- Hiland Dairy, Wichita, Kansas
- Third Place, Open Class Cottage Cheese
- Other Hiland-owned plants receiving awards include:
- Belfonte Dairy, Kansas City, Missouri, Third Place for 4% Small Curd Cottage Cheese
- Turner Dairy, Memphis, Tennessee, Second Place for Cultured Milk
For 80 years, Hiland Dairy Foods has proudly supported the communities we live in and the businesses whose customers rely on our wholesome products every day. Hiland is owned by local dairy farmers who provide the fresh, delicious milk for our products, and we have farmer-owners within miles of each of our plants.
As a full-service dairy, Hiland provides a wide array of products, including milk, buttermilk, eggnog, ice cream, yogurt, cottage cheese, sour cream and dips, half and half, whipping cream, butter, and cheese. We also produce and distribute fresh juices, lemonade, fruit punch, Red Diamond Tea, YoPhoria Smoothies, a full line of iced coffee, lactose-free milk, organic milk, almond milk and soy milk.
Part of caring about our communities is caring about our ecological footprint — preserving water, land and natural resources for our future generations — so we reduce waste, reuse resources and recycle what we can at every opportunity. For more information about Hiland Dairy and its products, please visit our media center.