Fourteen-day tour includes dozens of stops, tours and learning opportunities
From Berlin to Amsterdam and Munich to Rotterdam, with dozens of stops in between, the 2019 PDPW International Dairy Tour: Germany + Holland, presented by the Professional Dairy Producers® (PDPW) will give dairy farmers and agribusiness leaders the opportunity to see some of the most renowned historic and cultural sites in Germany and Holland, as well as unique and behind-the-scene access to innovative dairy and agricultural operations.
Open to the public, tour attendees will depart from Chicago O’Hare Airport, Chicago, Ill., on Sept. 14 and return on Sept. 27, 2019. Registration includes roundtrip airfare, ground transportation, hotel accommodations, professional tour guides and translators, group meals and tour/event admissions.
“All the tour planning and arrangements are designed so that attendees can focus on learning and taking in the scenery, history and culture of Germany and Holland,” said Shelly Mayer, PDPW Executive Director. “Touring with peers from across the U.S. adds to the experience, giving everyone the chance to learn from each other throughout the trip.”
- Headquarters of CLAAS, the leading combine harvester manufacturer in Europe
- Head offices of Lely, the market leader in automated systems for dairy farmers around the world
- World Horti Center, leading innovation center for international horticulture
- Het Keringhuis, the public Water Management Information Center for flood-risk management and home of the colossal Maesland Storm Surge barrier, the world’s largest moveable barrier
- Triesdorf School of Agriculture for a guided tour of the educational center for nutrition, energy, agriculture, food and environment.
- Aalsmeer Flower Auction, where 20 million flowers are traded and sold every day
- Several dairy farms including the world’s first floating farm and McDonald’s Europe Flagship Farm that demonstrates sustainable practices using green technology
A full slate of cultural activities and historic and architectural tours are planned throughout the two-week trip, including:
- A narrated tour of Berlin, including castles, monuments and sites of celebrations following the fall of the Berlin Wall and some of the most memorable speeches in history
- A canal cruise of Amsterdam, tour of the legendary Anne Frank Haus and Museum and tour of the Heineken Brewery Experience
- A private tour of one of the largest harbors in the world and major European hub in Rotterdam, as well as tour of the iconic Market Hall
- Overnight stays and tours in Gouda, including a stop at Delft Pottery, the last remaining earthenware factor from the 17th century
- Time to explore Rothenburg, a German city known for its well-preserved medieval architecture
- A day in Munich, including a guided tour of Dachau Memorial Concentration Camp and free time at the world-famous Oktoberfest Festival.
- A visit to Neuschwanstein Castle, built by King Ludwig II and one of the most popular attractions in Europe
To learn more or to register for the 2019 PDPW International Dairy Tour: Germany + Holland, visit www.pdpw.org or contact PDPW at 1-800-947-7379. A $500 deposit is required to reserve a spot and registrations close May 31.
Professional Dairy Producers (PDPW) is the nation’s largest dairy producer-led organization of its kind, focusing on producer professionalism, stakeholder engagement and unified outreach to share ideas, solutions, resources and experiences that help dairy producers succeed.