Holstein Association USA (HAUSA) invites all to view videos from the recent Member Update Meeting. The meeting was held in conjunction with the California Holstein Association State Convention.
“We have furthered our market reach through the Basic ID Program, as we now touch 380,994 Holsteins through this program. This compares to the 105,853 head that went through the program in 2003. This represents an increase of 275,141 animals.
“Clearly there is value in Registered and identified Holsteins. That’s why you have increased the number of Holsteins we’re identifying by 90 percent in 15 years,” says John Meyer, CEO of Holstein Association USA.
The meeting is broken down into several sections for ease of viewing. See the following video presentations:
• 2018 State of Association Address – HAUSA CEO John Meyer
- HAUSA Director Elections – Bill Genasci, Region 9 director
- HAUSA Products and Services Update – Lindsey Worden, executive director, Holstein genetic services
- AgriTech Analytics (ATA) Update – Bill VerBoort, ATA general manager
- Calendar of Events – Jodi Hoynoski, executive director, Holstein identification and member services
• Better Cows, More Profit – How Genetics Paves the Way – Dr. Jason Osterstock, Zoetis, executive director, global genetics
- A Data Driven Approach to Sourcing the Profit Focused Beef Bulls for Your Registered Holstein® Program – Chip Kemp, director, ASA & IGS commercial and industry operations, American Simmental Association
- Holstein USA and Allflex – From Animal Identification to Animal Intelligence – Glenn Fischer, president, Allflex USA and Darin Johnson, manager, dairy ID programs for HAUSA
This is the sixth year that HAUSA has recorded its Member Update Meeting and posted videos online. They can be viewed at www.youtube.com/HolsteinUSA or by visiting the Holstein USA website, www.holsteinusa.com and click on Meetings & Conventions in the main menu, select Member Update Meeting.