PDPW APPs Training – NEXT WEEK!
May 22-24, 2018 9:00 a.m.to 5:00 p.m.
Crowne Plaza Hotel (main lobby)
4402 E Washington Ave., Madison 53704
Gain a Wealth of Knowledge
Become a go-to resource for your clients, customers and colleagues
Return to the office with confidence and credibility. You’ll be able to speak to topics on:
- Animal welfare – culling standards, pain management, transportation
- Consumer trust – labeling claims, health and wellness, community engagement
- Environment – sustainability, soil and nutrient management, regulatory compliance, water supply and quality
- Food safety – production supply, drug residues, traceability, financial management
Tour 3 modern dairy farms
Dairy farming is a dynamic business operating in a global economy. Advance your professional understanding and learn the vernacular of today’s dairy farmer. You’ll experience:
- Robotic automation
- Sustainability methods
- Dynamics of market trends
Breadth and complexity of dairy enterprises
Direct access to farmers & experts
As you tour the dairies, you’ll meet on-farm experts:
- Dairy owners, managers and team members
- Dairy ag lender and financial consultants
- Large-animal veterinarians
- PDPW management
Glean insights and discover more about the real-life challenges and opportunities in modern ag production.
Meet Your APPs Trainers
With a B.S. in Dairy and Animal Science and a M.S. in Ruminant Nutrition, Dennis will provide insights on modern farming and the advancements in dairy technology, equipment, automation, sustainability practices, and business and financial management.
Shelly Mayer, owner and manager of a boutique dairy in southeastern Wisconsin and Executive Director of PDPW, will provide over 25 years of dairy communication, policy and science experience.
With a B.S. in Ag Journalism and Dairy Science, Shelly will release her inner “cow geek,” as she shares insights into key issues facing the industry, including market access, traceability, global trends, international trade, business and financial acumen, and farm and food safety.
Who should attend?
Professionals in the C-suite, management roles and other key thought-leaders and team members from around the country, who want to amplify their knowledge in modern production agriculture.
Attendees in past trainings included employees from:
- Food companies and restaurants
- Distributors and retailers
- Health and wellness companies
- Regulatory compliance agencies
- Trade associations
- Industry manufacturers, vendors and suppliers
- PDPW Member Registration: $1,000
- Non-Member Registration: $1,500
- 20+ hours of hands-on, on-farm experience
- Access to training resources and go-to experts
- Transportation to and from all three dairy farms
Breakfast, lunch and refreshments throughout
Interested, but not sure your manager will approve the expense? The below support documents have been created to help articulate the “why” and ROI with your manager.