Hear From Dairy Checkoff Leaders & Other Industry Experts
Since 1984, dairy producers have paid 15 cents on every hundredweight into the Dairy Checkoff program. During the 2021 virtual Pennsylvania Dairy Summit, taking place on February 8-11, dairy producers can hear from dairy checkoff leaders who will answer questions about how they are investing their checkoff dollars on a local and national level.
- Integrating beef into their dairy business
- Maximizing components to enhance their bottom line
- Using a team approach to diversify their business
- Finding ways to share their sustainability story
It’s not too late to register for the virtual Dairy Summit. The event is hosted by the Professional Dairy Managers of Pennsylvania and the Center for Dairy Excellence. Register online today!
Dairy Checkoff Bonus Sessions and More
The dairy checkoff session, which will be a candid, open conversation, will occur on Wednesday, Feb. 10 from 1-2 p.m. Access to the session is included in Dairy Summit registration. In addition to more than 10 other educational sessions, dairy producers can attend the following bonus breakout sessions:
- How to Host a Virtual Farm Tour — As the dairy industry finds new ways to virtually connect with consumers, American Dairy Association North East will share tips and best practices for hosting virtual farm tours from your dairy operation.
- 2020 Farmer Survey and Phase III Watershed Implementation Plan (WIP) Highlights — Matt Royer from Penn State will share key highlights and takeaways from the 2020 Dairy Farmer Survey. Attendees will also discuss the Phase III Watershed Implementation Plan and what it means for dairy.
- We’re In the News: Preparing for Media Interviews — American Dairy Association North East will share tips and tricks for how you can share your story and positively represent the dairy industry during media interviews.
- Corn Silage Trial — Hear from Dr. Chris Canale and Alex Hristov to learn more about Penn State’s recent corn silage trial and key findings that might impact your dairy operation.
- Talking the Talk: How to Communicate with Consumers — As a dairy farmer, communicating with consumers has never been more important. American Dairy Association North East plans to share best practices for sharing your story with consumers and gaining confidence with communication both in-person and on social media.
Keeping a Check on Dairy Replacement Costs — Want to keep a check on your dairy replacement costs? Join Jud Heinrichs from Penn State to learn best practices and strategies in this area.
How to Register
Multiple registration options are available for the 2021 virtual Dairy Summit. Click here to register online or download a PDF registration form to mail back to the Summit Business Office. You must pre-register for the event by Feb. 3. If you miss the registration deadline, there is no guarantee you will have access to the opening session on Feb. 8.
- PA Dairy Producer — $100
- Out-of-State Dairy Producer — $125
- Non-Producer — $175
- College Classrooms/Clubs — $100
College Dairy Students and Young Professionals (Age 17-25)*— $25
*Must attend Tuesday evening’s Young Professionals Chat
We know farm life is busy, so each day of the Dairy Summit is broken into short segments to help you balance work and conference opportunities. Additional content, speaker chats, bonus sessions, entertainment, and networking opportunities will occur between sessions each day. We encourage you to attend the Summit live to take advantage of speaker Q&As, door prizes and networking.
To help you recharge, pre-show entertainment is scheduled every morning before the first session starts, so make sure you sign on early!
MONDAY, FEB. 8 HIGHLIGHTS:
- Dr. David Kohl, Keynote Speaker
- Breakout Session: Integrating Beef into Your Dairy Business
- Breakout Session: Business Divorce: Preparation for Partner Buy-Outs and Sell-Outs
- Bonus Breakout Session: How to Host a Virtual Farm Tour with American Dairy Association North East
- Bonus Breakout Session: 2020 Farmer Survey and Phase III Watershed Implementation Plan (WIP) Highlights with Penn State
- An Inspirational Evening Chat with Chuck Carr
TUESDAY, FEB. 9 HIGHLIGHTS:
- Producer Showcase & Virtual Farm Tour: Webb Family, Heglar Creek Dairy, Keynote Speaker
- Breakout Session: Factors to Drive Dairy Profitability
- Breakout Session: Navigating Family Business Dynamics and Governance
- Bonus Breakout Session: We’re in the News – Preparing for Media Interviews with American Dairy Association North East
- Bonus Breakout Session: Corn Silage Trial with Dr. Chris Canale and Alex Hristov from Penn State
- Young Professionals Networking Chat
WEDNESDAY, FEB. 10 HIGHLIGHTS:
- Lee Rubin, Keynote Speaker
- Breakout Session: What Has Dairy Checkoff Done for You Lately?
- Breakout Session: Maximizing Components to Enhance Your Bottom Line
- Bonus Breakout Session: Talking the Talk – How to Communicate with Consumers with American Dairy Association North East
- Bonus Breakout Session: Keeping a Check on Dairy Replacement Costs with Penn State
- Cheese Tasting with Sue Miller
- Evening Chat: What Recent Political Upheaval Could Mean for Dairy with Paul Bleiberg (NMPF), Alan Novak (PDMP), and Mike Oscar (NDFC)
THURSDAY, FEB. 11 HIGHLIGHTS:
- Tara Vander Dussen (New Mexico Milkmaid), Keynote Speaker
Closing and Summit Wrap-Up