Kemin adds a breakthrough Choline nutrition product to its range and becomes the only provider of both rumen-protected amino acids Methionine and Lysine in a reliable way for the EMENA region
Kemin Industries, a global ingredient manufacturer that strives to sustainably transform the quality of life every day for 80 percent of the world with its products and services, has unveiled two new product ranges in its Ruminant Essentialities portfolio of solutions for proper animal nutrition and health:
- KESSENT™, available January 2020, is a product range of new Kemin-developed-and-produced rumen-protected Methionine, a necessary amino acid in ruminant diets, which works with Lysine—also a Kemin ingredient—for the best precision feeding.
- CholiGEM™, also available January 2020, is a Choline nutrition product developed and produced by Kemin, and which rounds out the Ruminant Essentialities portfolio.
“Kemin pioneered the entire amino-acid-balancing concept. Today, we are reaching and perfecting the next level in ruminant nutrition through extensive services, solution offerings and technical expertise. Our goal is to continue expanding to answer the needs of our customers and deliver essential nutrients for their animals as efficiently and effectively as possible,” said Stefaan Van Dyck, President, Kemin Animal Nutrition and Health – EMENA (Europe, Middle East, North Africa).
Kemin Animal Nutrition and Health – EMENA debuted KESSENT and CholiGEM during an exclusive technical seminar this week in Athens, where Kemin introduced its newly created Ruminant Essentialities product portfolio.
“Ruminant Essentialities by Kemin consists of two pillars: amino acid solutions, including the KESSENT Methionine range of solutions, LysiGEM™, LysiPEARL™ and MetiPEARL™, and solutions for improving animal health, including CholiGEM™, NutriCAB™, KemTRACE™ and TOXFIN®,” said Van Dyck.
“Kemin is the only global company that provides both rumen-protected amino acids Methionine and Lysine in a reliable way. We are proud to be leading our industry with KESSENT, designed for a new way of farming that is based on fully tested and sustainable solutions,” said Diego Martinez del Olmo, Product Manager, Kemin Animal Nutrition and Health – EMENA. “Kemin’s unique combination of special technical protection and ideal core technology, along with the right particle size and specific gravity, provides a high stability and homogeneity in a rumen-protected Methionine. These key characteristics supply the highest amount of Methionine available by the animal, as shown by the high rumen escape and high intestinal digestibility.”
The new KESSENT range of Methionine solutions will include the available products:
- KESSENT™ M – the best source of metabolizable Methionine because of its unique encapsulation and core technology
- KESSENT™ MF Liquid – a liquid, pellet-stable, rumen-protected Methionine
- KESSENT™ MF Dry – a dry, pellet-stable, rumen-protected Methionine
- KESSENT™ MF Arome Dry – a dry, pellet-stable, rumen-protected Methionine with improved palatability and feed smell
With the KESSENT launch in January 2020, Kemin will be the only provider of both Methionine and Lysine in a reliable way. Kemin’s Ruminant Essentialities portfolio offers a comprehensive set of amino acids for ruminant amino acid nutrition and health. Kemin’s other newly debuted ingredient, CholiGEM, supports animal health improvement, making Ruminant Essentialities a full-range solution for livestock health and nutrition needs.
Kemin scientists have invested more than half a decade into designing a unique C3 model so that the next generation of encapsulated Choline solution – CholiGEM – achieves the best results from Choline supplementation.
The uniqueness of this model includes:
- Choline Core: Kemin has developed its own Choline core – a true innovation. This discovery resulted in the right form, particle size and specific gravity in its new product, CholiGEM.
- Scientific Coating: Kemin encapsulated the Choline core with different levels of technical ingredients to improve the coating strength. This coating isn’t too strong or too weak, but a perfect scientific balance. Excellent results were found with a very high scientific balance of Choline Chloride in the encapsulation.
- Choline Concentration: Today, most commercially available encapsulated Choline Chloride products contain a very low percentage of Choline Chloride. Kemin’s Choline core encapsulated with scientific coating resulted in double the Choline Chloride in CholiGEM and superior bioavailability.
This model provides high stability and homogeneity in rumen-protected Choline. These key characteristics supply the highest amount of Choline available to the animal as a result of the high rumen escape and high intestinal digestibility. Kemin’s innovation has resulted in CholiGEM, which brings superior bioavailability with a highly concentrated source of encapsulated Choline Chloride.
CholiGEM and the KESSENT product range will be available in the EMENA market beginning January 2020. Contact your Kemin sales representative for more information on the newest suite of solutions.
To learn more about Methionine nutrition from Kemin, click here.
To learn more about Choline nutrition from Kemin, click here.
About Kemin Industries
Kemin Industries (www.kemin.com) is a global ingredient manufacturer that strives to sustainably transform the quality of life every day for 80 percent of the world with its products and services. The company supplies over 500 specialty ingredients for human and animal health and nutrition, pet food, aquaculture, nutraceutical, food technologies, crop technologies and textile industries.
For over half a century, Kemin has been dedicated to using applied science to address industry challenges and offer product solutions to customers in more than 120 countries. Kemin provides ingredients to feed a growing population with its commitment to the quality, safety and efficacy of food, feed and health-related products.
Established in 1961, Kemin is a privately held, family-owned-and-operated company with more than 2,800 global employees and operations in 90 countries, including manufacturing facilities in Belgium, Brazil, China, India,Italy, Russia, San Marino, Singapore, South Africa and the United States.