PDPW APPs Training
July 24-26, 2018
9:00 a.m.to 5:00 p.m.
Crowne Plaza Hotel (main lobby)
4402 E Washington Ave., Madison 53704
Who should attend?
Professionals in the C-suite, management roles and other key thought-leaders and team members from around the country, who want to amplify their knowledge in modern production agriculture.
Attendees in past trainings included employees from:
- Food companies and restaurants
- Distributors and retailers
- Health and wellness companies
- Regulatory compliance agencies
- Trade associations
- Industry manufacturers, vendors and suppliers
Train on Dairy Farms
Tour 3 modern dairy farms:
Dairy farming is a dynamic business operating in a global economy. Advance your professional understanding and learn the vernacular of today’s dairy farmer. You’ll experience:
- Robotic automation
- Sustainability methods
- Dynamics of market trends
- Breadth and complexity of dairy enterprises
Direct access to farmers & experts
As you tour the dairies, you’ll meet on-farm experts:
- Dairy owners, managers and team members
- Dairy ag lender and financial consultants
- Large-animal veterinarians
- PDPW management
Become a go-to resource for your clients, customers and colleagues
Return to the office with confidence and credibility. You’ll be able to speak to topics on:
- Animal welfare – culling standards, pain management, transportation
- Consumer trust – labeling claims, health and wellness, community engagement
- Environment – sustainability, soil and nutrient management, regulatory compliance, water supply and quality
- Food safety – production supply, drug residues, traceability, financial management
Meet Your APPs Trainers
Dennis Frame, owner of Timber Ridge Consulting and co-founder of UW Discovery Farms, is a key expert in environmental practices, business and risk management, and the impact of production agriculture on air, water and soil.
With a B.S. in Dairy and Animal Science and a M.S. in Ruminant Nutrition, Dennis will provide insights on modern farming and the advancements in dairy technology, equipment, automation, sustainability practices, and business and financial management.
With a B.S. in Ag Journalism and Dairy Science, Shelly will release her inner “cow geek,” as she shares insights into key issues facing the industry, including market access, traceability, global trends, international trade, business and financial acumen, and farm and food safety.
- PDPW Member Registration: $1,000
- Non-Member Registration: $1,500
Training experience Includes:
- Hands-on, on-farm experience
- Access to training resources and go-to experts
- Transportation to and from all three dairy farms
- Breakfast, lunch and refreshments throughout