Dairy’s Premier Educational Event Will Feature Best-in-Class Education and Networking
World-renowned speakers will present dynamic educational sessions and workshops at “Dairy Forward,” the 2019 PDPW Business Conference, presented by Professional Dairy Producers® (PDPW) on March 13-14 at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison, Wis.
The PDPW Business Conference has grown to be the premier educational event for the dairy industry, bringing together active dairy farmers and agribusiness professionals from across the country and globe.
“Dairying is not just a job, it is our life’s work and often our family’s legacy,” said Shelly Mayer, Executive Director of PDPW and dairy farmer in Slinger, Wis. “The 2019 PDPW Business Conference has been designed by dairy farmers to deliver the latest in education, innovations and solutions to help today’s dairy farmers succeed – and they exceeded expectations.”
Keynote speakers at the 2019 Conference will include:
- David Kohl, Professor Emeritus in the Agricultural and Applied Economics Department at Virginia Tech, President of AgriVisions, LLC, and part owner of Homestead Creamery in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Scott Burrows, former Florida State University football player and top-ranked kick-boxing black-belt champion who was paralyzed in a car accident. He is author of the best-selling book, Vision Mindset Grit.
- Richard Pimentel, Vietnam War veteran, disability rights advocate, writer and comedian. He has trained thousands of people on disability awareness and developing return-to-work models for injured and recently-disabled employees.
- Jason Karszes, Senior Extension Associate with the PRO-DAIRY program at Cornell University, who coordinates the Cornell Dairy Executive Program to develop management skills for diary producers around the country.
- Merril Hoge, former NFL running back and ESPN analyst, cancer survivor and author of the book, Find a Way: Three Words That Changed My Life.
The Conference also features the Hall of Ideas Equipment and Trade Show, which will include the industry’s best manufacturers, service providers and consultants. Dairy farmers can connect with the companies providing leading-edge innovations, technologies and products – all in one place.
Emcee of the Conference is Tom Thibodeau, one of PDPW’s most requested speakers, and one who brings passion, humor and captivating stories to the stage. Award-winning band The Jimmys will provide entertainment following the conference banquet.
To learn more about the Conference and to register, visit www.pdpw.org or contact PDPW at 1-800-947-7379. Follow along digitally in advance of and during the event by following @dairyPDPW and using #PDPW2019 or #DairyForward on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Professional Dairy Producers (PDPW) is the nation’s largest dairy producer-led organization of its kind, focusing on producer professionalism, stakeholder engagement and unified outreach to share ideas, solutions, resources and experiences that help dairy producers succeed.