As part of its ongoing commitment to the practice of veterinary medicine, Merck Animal Health is pleased to announce $90,000 in scholarships have been awarded to 18 exemplary bovine veterinary students. The company presented each student with an American Association of Bovine Practitioners (AABP) Bovine Veterinary Student Recognition Award, as well as a $5,000 scholarship, at the 2018 AABP Annual Conference.
“These recipients represent the future of cattle care and will undoubtedly make an impact on the field of veterinary health for years to come,” said Justin Welsh, D.V.M., Executive Director of Food Animal Technical Services, Merck Animal Health. “We are pleased to support such an outstanding group of students.”
- Nate Bos, University of Minnesota
- Sara Davis, University of Minnesota
- Lizi Endres, University of Wisconsin
- Mariah Fischer, Lincoln Memorial University
- Emily Griswold, University of Pennsylvania
- Allison Hale, Washington State University
- Andy Harding, Colorado State University
- Tanner Leon, Oklahoma State University
- Will Lillico, University of Saskatchewan
- Elizabeth Martens, Cornell University
- Michelle Morelli, Texas A & M University
- Michael Rohde, Iowa State University
- Cody Sacquitne, Iowa State University
- Robert Stenger, Mississippi State
- Kimberly Strait, Iowa State University
- Adam Strebe, University of Wisconsin
- Emily Ann Vermillion, University of Georgia
- Bryan Welly, University of California-Davis
“The outstanding quality of the applicants this year demonstrates that the future of cattle veterinary medicine is in good hands,” said AABP Executive Vice President Fred Gingrich, D.V.M. “The top tier group of students selected for the AABP Bovine Veterinary Student Recognition Award has achieved a significant award in their veterinary career path. AABP is sincerely thankful for the partnership and support of Merck Animal Health so that we can recognize these promising future colleagues. Supporting the next generation of veterinarians is a mission made possible through these partnerships.”
*See attached document for biographical information for each award recipient.
For more than a century, Merck, a leading global biopharmaceutical company, has been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Merck Animal Health, known as MSD Animal Health outside the United States and Canada, is the global animal health business unit of Merck. Through its commitment to the Science of Healthier Animals™, Merck Animal Health offers veterinarians, farmers, pet owners and governments one of the widest range of veterinary pharmaceuticals, vaccines and health management solutions and services. Merck Animal Health is dedicated to preserving and improving the health, well-being and performance of animals. It invests extensively in dynamic and comprehensive R&D resources and a modern, global supply chain. Merck Animal Health is present in more than 50 countries, while its products are available in some 150 markets. For more information, visit www.merck-animal-health.com or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter at @MerckAH.