With the dairy industry facing challenging times, it can be hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel, however new trends, renewed partnerships and exciting opportunities have dairy leaders feeling optimistic about the future of the industry.
Recently, for Midwest Dairy’s podcast, Dairy on the Air, CEO Lucas Lentsch sat down with Dairy Management Inc. (DMI) CEO Tom Gallagher and DMI Board Chair Marilyn Hershey to talk about moving the industry forward together through strategic partnerships and opportunities that will increase dairy demand.
Here is more information about the topics discussed in each episode:
Episode 9: A Look at the Big Picture for Dairy, a conversation with Lucas Lentsch and Tom Gallagher, CEO at Dairy Management, Inc.
- The importance of unity across all dairy farmers – small and large operations – to move the industry forward together as an aligned front.
- The future of dairy – the global market and opportunities for exports and new products.
- Labeling practices and how to cohesively market dairy products to drive overall demand.
- How Fuel Up to Play 60 came to be and what this partnership/program does for dairy.
- Partnerships with national companies, such as Dominos, McDonalds, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut, where scientists work in test kitchens to find ways to use more dairy.
- Bringing the farm to kids and consumers through programs like Discovery Education.
- Fuel Up to Play 60 and its impact as a leading national youth wellness program that not only has educated children but has also led to behavioral changes.
Stepanie Cundith is manager, corporate communications for Midwest Dairy. She may be contacted at <[email protected]>