National Association of Animal Breeders’ International Specialist Position Announcement
The International Specialist will work closely with the President to can-y out the business of the Association with a primary focus on international market development activities and trade servicing projects. The location of the position would be in Madison, Wisconsin.
- Develop and execute programs to build international relationships with relevant institutions to promote the development of markets for U.S. cattle genetics and market access for member organizations.
- Identify, evaluate and engage new opportunities for expanding NAAB services to AI companies both domestically and internationally.
- Develop a working knowledge of Certified Semen Services, Inc. operations along with import and export requirements for bovine semen.
- Promote the genetic evaluation system and identify ways to increase the efficiency of data collection and distribution of genetic evaluation results to international members.
- Support the President in carrying out Association business.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science, Dairy Science or Agricultural Marketing with preference to those with advanced degrees.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in the AI industry or agricultural marketing field with preference to those with International experience.
- A working knowledge of the AI industry and cattle genetic evaluations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills with working knowledge of Excel, Access and SQL.
- An outstanding record of achievement and leadership in the cattle industry.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Jay L. Weiker, President
National Association of Animal Breeders (www.naab-css.org)
8413 Excelsior Drive, Suite 140
Madison, WI 53717, USA