USDA will work with the U.S. Farmers and Ranchers Alliance to promote U.S. agriculture
The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Under Secretary for Marketing and Regulatory Programs today announced a partnership with the U.S. Farmers and Ranchers Alliance (USFRA) to promote U.S. agriculture and agricultural products in domestic and international markets.
The partnership, formalized with the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) by Under Secretary Ibach and USFRA Chairman Chip Bowling, builds on the energy and enthusiasm at the inaugural Honor the Harvest Forum, held June 4-6 in Newburg, Maryland, and brings together resources to improve consumer understanding of agricultural production and its value to our food supply and rural economies.
The MOU outlines these goals:
- Promote U.S. agriculture and U.S. agricultural products.
- Build awareness of the importance of U.S. agriculture to the U.S. rural economy.
- Reinforce the relationship between what U.S. farmers produce and what U.S. consumers eat.
- Support awareness of U.S. agriculture’s key role in an environmentally-sustainable food value chain.
- Drive demand for U.S. agricultural products in both domestic and overseas markets.