Advantages to the Brown Weight Valve:
- Built using durable materials and construction – providing years of life!
- Built for a long life
- Machined HDPE (high density polyethyline) housing and weight
- All metal parts are made out of stainless steel (except one brass washer)
- Valve is relaxed when trough is full – if the valve breaks, water stays off (as opposed to the always-under-pressure float valves that flood when the valve breaks)
- The only pressure put on the piston is the weight on the arm
- The weight is not attached to the valve (allowing it to rise with the water if the trough is filled above the set water level)
(Cross section of a large Weight Valve model)
The valves are made in a machined block of HDPE. All metal parts are stainless steel except the brass washer behind the rubber fuller ball. The valve is spring loaded closed. The fuller ball is on a stainless threaded bolt screwed into the piston making replacing the ball easy.