Virtual Advanced Dairy Nutrition Shortcourse
June 1 - 4, 2020 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. daily
Join us for this virtual event. While we won’t meet in person, we will continue to provide attendees with current research and emerging education on selected topics related to dairy cattle nutrition and management.
Sessions will be presented live daily via Zoom from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and will feature question and answer sessions throughout the presentations.
SPEAKERS AND TOPICS
- Physical effectiveness, undigested fiber, and rumen fermentable starch - Dr. Rick Grant, Miner Insitute
- Feeds and feeding environment: Current concepts - Dr. Rick Grant, Miner Insitute
- Milk fatty acid analysis application – Dr. Heather Dann, Miner Institute
- Energy and amino acid relationships – Dr. Mike Van Amburgh, Cornell University
- Update on mineral and vitamin nutrition – Dr. Bill Weiss, The Ohio State University
- Calcium metabolism in the cow – Dr. Laura Hernandez, University of Wisconsin
- Strategies to manage hypocalcemia - Dr. Tom Overton, Cornell University
- Economics and environmental impact of precision feeding - Dr. Larry Chase, Cornell University
- Managing feed variability for improved diet delivery – Dr. Kristan Reed, Cornell University
- Feeding calves for requirements and environmental conditions– Dr. Sarah Morrison, Miner Institute
FULL COURSE INFORMATION
REGISTRATION $250 per person
In addition to the live feed, all registrants will have access to electronic course materials and recorded sessions (after the live event). Join us live during the week of June 1 - 4 or watch sessions on-demand later.