New York Holstein Association, a membership organization serving Holstein enthusiasts, is seeking an Executive Manager. A full job description is posted below. We offer a competitive salary, benefits, and a pleasant place to work. If you meet the below qualifications, please email your resume and 2 references by April 15, 2020 to:
New York Holstein Association Executive Manager Job Description
The mission of the NY Holstein Association is to promote and add value to our breeders and members through events and activities, and build a strong fraternity of individuals with a passion for NY Holsteins.
This position requires a self-motivated person with excellent communication skills, organization and time-management practices. It also requires the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time, in addition to excellent financial management and budgeting skills. The Executive Director must have the ability to work with a diverse group of people while demonstrating good analytical and decision-making skills. Strong knowledge of PC operating systems are encouraged. Experience with QuickBooks, human resources and sales a plus.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership in developing programs with the Board of Directors and staff and carry out plans and policies authorized by the board.
- Manage membership, including dues and dues structure, retention and recruitment. Serve as the direct line to each committee, seek and build board involvement with strategic direction to execute all events and programs of the Junior and Senior Holstein Associations.
- Serve as the liaison and advisor for the Junior Association as the direct line between the Junior organization, the office, board, and Senior Association.
- Oversee the website and social media pages for the association as an avenue for membership communication and interaction.
- Work with NYHA financials to keep accurate and user-friendly books and to implement best accounting practices. Work with the staff, Finance Committee, and the board in preparing the yearly budget and ensure the organization operates within budget guidelines.
- Establish sound working relationships with vendors, sponsors, and other associations with an external presence. Coordinate and follow through with fundraising efforts for NYHA events. Expand revenue generating activities to support existing programs and identify new ones.
- Actively engage Junior and Senior members at all NYHA events, including but not limited to, conventions, shows, sales, the annual picnic and more.
- Actively engage and energize employees and volunteers for all events and programs.
- Keep abreast of all state and national activities and programs for the Junior and Senior Associations.
The Executive Director position requires a bachelor’s degree in agriculture or business, with at least five years of management experience. Dairy industry experience is preferred.