PDPW Business Conference, Next Week, Mar. 18-19 in Madison, Wis.
Sessions to focus on tools to sharpen your business and mind to remain profitable
As the COVID-19/coronavirus situation continues to evolve, we wanted to provide an update regarding the 2020 PDPW Business Conference scheduled for next week.
On Thursday, March 12, Governor Evers declared a public health emergency with regard to the coronavirus, and the State Department of Health Services recommended events of more than 250 not be held in an effort to prevent the spread of the virus.
To protect public health in step with the recommendations, the PDPW Board decided the annual Business Conference will go ahead as planned for March 18-19, but will be offered virtually online rather than in-person at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison.
Two priorities drove this decision:
- Our No. 1 focus is our members’ and their families’ health and safety, and we believe we all have a shared responsibility in this unprecedented health situation to do what we can to prevent further spread of this virus.
- At the same time, PDPW also has a commitment to support our members with the information they need to navigate their farms in this extremely challenging dairy environment.
Please watch PDPW’s website and event app early next week for information about how to access the conference virtually.
Finally, take care of yourself and your family. You are the MOST important part of PDPW/YOUR organization and know that everything we do during these unprecedented times is based on that core value. And, please:
- Wash your hands and follow all recommended health safety protocols, this is a good hygiene reminder for all of us
- It is in everyone’s best interest to follow the CDC’s recommended prevention and treatment advice found on their website
- Be reminded that those who are most successful in life are those who adapt to change, think more than they talk and understand that the “glass is always at least half full”