A recent episode of Midwest Dairy’s podcast, Dairy on the Air, featured an insightful discussion between Midwest Dairy CEO Lucas Lentsch and special guest Tom Vilsack, President and CEO of the U.S. Dairy Export Council. Dairy on the Air, which launched in August 2018, is a podcast about all things dairy that can be found on your favorite podcast listening platforms, such as iTunes and Stitcher, or at MidwestDairy.com.
Following his tenure as Governor of Iowa from 1999-2007, Tom served as the U.S. Department of Agriculture Secretary for eight years. He now oversees global promotional and research activities, regulatory affairs and trade policy initiatives for the U.S. Dairy Export Council, a nonprofit representing the global trade interests of U.S. dairy producers.
Topics discussed include:
- What initiatives are in place to help drive global dairy demand
- How dairy plays a role in the increased demand for high nutrition, convenient foods
- Opportunities for growth around the world
- The importance of connecting with consumers and sharing the facts about dairy farming and products
- Innovation and the future of farming
In addition, another recent “Dairy on the Air” episode shares a conversation between Lucas and dairy farmer and Dairy Management Inc. board member Lowell Mueller. In this episode, they discuss Lowell’s recent trade mission trip to Asia along with his observations about exports and opportunities for the dairy industry.