Daily livestreaming to showcase dairy —Largest sector of State’s #1 industry
The Pennsylvania Dairymen’s Association and The Calving Corner are excited to announce plans for the 2021 Pennsylvania Farm Show, complete with a virtual dairy experience for all ages. With the 2021 PA Farm Show going virtual, the Calving Corner cows are staying home just like everyone else. This year, fans can join the “staycation” fun from the comfort of their homes and classrooms and follow the #DestinationDairyPA adventures.
She added, “We will showcase calves being fed, cows being milked and newborn calves entering the world, as we meet the farmers, veterinarians, nutritionists and others that help ensure that the milk produced on Pennsylvania’s dairy farms is wholesome, safe and nutritious.”
From January 9 – 16, 2021, the virtual Calving Corner event will provide families, educators and Farm Show fans an exciting up-close, behind-the-scenes look at where their food comes from and the important role dairy farming plays in their community and state economy. Special guests will join farm families throughout the week for live streams, virtual farm tours, and real-time conversations with Pennsylvania dairy farmers. Fun, interactive learning activities will also be offered for teachers, students and families to participate in from home.
“We are thrilled to once again support The Calving Corner and bring dairy farm life to homes and school classrooms throughout the state and across the country while sharing the ‘cow to cup’ journey of our delicious produced Pennsylvania milk and nutritious dairy products,” said Dave Smith, Executive Director, Pennsylvania Dairymen’s Association. “Stay tuned for more exciting announcements coming up regarding how we will celebrate our world-class industry, our hard-working dairy farmers, and our famous milkshakes with fans this year, including planned pop-up events,” he added.
Businesses and organizations that are interested in sponsoring the 2021 virtual Calving Corner can contact Miriam Miller at Miriam@thecalvingcorner.org or call 814-935-4905.
To learn more about the exhibit and share with families in your community, follow the Calving Corner on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. Individuals can also sign up for email updates to receive more information over the coming months.
The Calving Corner is made possible by Pennsylvania Dairymen’s Association, Center for Dairy Excellence, American Dairy Association North East, Farm Credit Foundation for Agricultural Advancement, Professional Dairy Producers Foundation, and additional agricultural organizations with support from the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture.
- Milk is the official beverage of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Pennsylvania is home to more than 5,730 dairy farm families.
- Dairy contributes to $12.6 billion in annual revenue for Pennsylvania.
- Dairy production and associated businesses create more than 52,000 jobs in Pennsylvania.
- One 8-ounce serving of whole milk delivers 9 essential nutrients including 8 grams of protein.
- A glass of milk contains three of the four nutrients the USDA says are under-consumed by most Americans—calcium, vitamin D and potassium.
- According to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, individuals ages 9 and older should consume three servings of milk, cheese or yogurt each day; those ages 4-8 should consume 2½ cups per day.
- Every one cow supports $24,000 in annual economic revenue in Pa.
- Every 10 cows support one job in the state.