The first preliminary progress report for the same farms for both 2018 and 2019 has been released. To view the complete tables, view the 2019 Preliminary Progress Report.
- Milk shipped per farm increased by 5%. This was due to primarily to increase in herd size as milk sold per cow increased 1% to 26,268 pounds per cow.
- Labor efficiency increased 3%.
- Average cost per hired worker equivalent increased 2%.
- Total cost of producing cwt. of milk decreased $0.11.
- Total cost of producing cwt. of milk in 2019 ranges from $17.79 to $23.70.
- Gross milk price increased $2.15 per cwt. to $19.57.
- Net farm income per cow without appreciation increased from $41 to $618 per cow.
- Labor and management income per operator returned to positive, averaging $115,103 per owner operator.
- Debt per cow decreased 8% to $4,292 per cow.