Dairy farmers have a renewed interest in managing the price side of the business
After the abrupt downturn in milk markets during the spring and summer of 2020 and nearly an entire year of lower-than-expected milk prices resulting from the global COVID-19 pandemic, dairy farmers have a renewed interest in managing the price side of the business.
Join Cornell Cooperative Extension Albany County and the Capital Area Ag & Hort Program’s Farm Business Management Educator Dayton Maxwell, FSA Executive Director David Holck, Tristan Peterson from Crop Growers Insurance, and Dr. Chris Wolf of Cornell University for an informative, fun, and educational program. $10 per farm/business for both sessions, no limit on number of people per farm or business.
Price Risk Management for Dairy Farmers
November 3 & 10, 2020
7:00 – 9:00 PM EST
Online via Zoom
November 3, 2020
- Dairy Margin Coverage – David Holck, Farm Service Agency
- Forward Contracting and Such Part 1 – Dr. Chris Wolf, Cornell University
- Determining if Risk Management is Right for My Farm – Dayton Maxwell, CCE CAAHP
November 10, 2020
- Dairy Revenue Protection – Tristan Peterson, Crop Growers Insurance
- Forward Contracting and Such Part 2 – Dr. Chris Wolf, Cornell University
- Forward Contracting Dairy Farmer Experience – Dan Sheldon, Woody Hill Farms, Salem, NY
Program activities are supported and coordinated by Cornell’s Pro-Dairy Program and NY Farm Net.