|10 AM to 3 PM. Seven Locations Statewide.
Registration is $75 and includes 2 day school, lunches and all materials.
Who Should Attend:
- Those who are currently feeding dairy cows and want to learn more about the how and why of what they’re doing.
- Those who are interested in becoming a cow feeder and want to increase their knowledge of cow feeding.
- Anyone interested in learning more about how to improve the feeding process on their farm.
Topics Covered During the Two Day School:
- Feeder’s impact on the bottom line.
- Rumen physiology – What every feeder should know.
- Nutrition – Impact of feeders on the ration.
- Dry matter monitoring.
- Basic bunk silo management.
- Packing density and preservation.
- Feed bunk management.
- TMR audits.
- Troubleshooting mixer wagons.
- Safety considerations for feeders.
- Dr. Bill Stone, DVM, PhD, Director, Technical Services, Diamond V.
- Shawn Bossard, SUNY Morrisville.
- Dr. Jerry Bertoldo DVM, Betsy Hicks, Dave Balbian, Libby Eiholzer,
Lindsay Ferlito, and Kelsey O’Shea: Area Dairy Specialists with Cornell Cooperative Extension, Cornell University.
- Kathy Barrett, Dairy Education, Cornell PRO-DAIRY.
Cornell Cooperative Extension provides equal program and employment opportunities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting the site registrar 10 days prior to the event.
A printable program flyer is posted on the PRO-DAIRY website.
DATES AND LOCATIONS
|Dates & Locations
||Oct 26 at Walnut Ridge Dairy.
Nov 2 at Whittaker’s Dairy.
|Oct 31 and Nov 7 –
CCE Learning Farm, Canton, NY.
Nov 1 and Nov 8 –
Miner Institute Conference Room, Chazy, NY.
||Nov 9 and 16 at SUNY Morrisville.
315.684.3001 Ext 108
|Nov 28 at Dygert Farm, Nelliston.
Dec 5 at Matis Farm, Fonda.
Nov 30 at Postma Brothers Dairy, West Edmeston.
Dec 7 at Indian Camp Farm, Sherburne.
||Oct 25 at CCE Ontario County, Canandaigua.
Nov 1 at Lawnel Farms, Piffard.
585-343-3040 Ext 138