For the third year in a row, the CCE South Central NY Dairy and Field Crops Team is pleased to host a QuickBooks for Farmers course. By combining the theory and practice of farm business accounting into a single class, this training will empower students to set up and maintain a record keeping system that is accurate, efficient, and useful. This year we are teaching the course in an online format, providing self-paced learning from the comfort of home.
The course covers basic farm accounting principles, which students will apply to create and manage a financial record keeping system for their farm. We use QuickBooks Online to conduct this training, so students will gain in-depth technical experience with that software platform. However, the skills we teach are highly transferable to other versions of QuickBooks and other accounting systems.
- Choose the right accounting system for their farm
- Set up QuickBooks Online with a customized chart of accounts
- Manually record and classify farm business transactions
- Synchronize QuickBooks Online with farm bank accounts and credit cards to automatically import transactions
- Reconcile accounts on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy
- Generate and analyze financial reports to evaluate business performance
This training is appropriate for beginner and intermediate QuickBooks users who are looking to implement a new record keeping system or enhance the efficiency and functionality of their current system. It is also a great fit for QuickBooks Desktop users who are curious about QuickBooks Online.
Course fee is $190 with a discounted rate available for farms located in our 6-county region. Contact Mary Kate at email@example.com to request a discount code if you are located in Broome, Chemung, Cortland, Onondaga, Tioga or Tompkins County. Register online here: https://south-central-ny-dairy-field-crops.teachable.com